Electronics manufacturing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Electronics manufacturing in pictures
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
By Michael Kan | 26 June, 2015 11:08
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
By Michael Kan | 25 June, 2015 23:29
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
By Michael Kan | 11 May, 2015 13:21
As the number of solar panels on business and home rooftops multiply, America's power grid is bearing an electrical load that it was never designed to handle: the bidirectional power transfer.
By Lucas Mearian | 28 April, 2015 23:06
The electronics industry may still be reliant on human workers to assemble products, but Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group is hopeful that robots will take over more of the workload soon.
By Michael Kan | 27 February, 2015 21:56
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
- Lawmakers propose new visa for foreign tech entrepreneurs
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
- Microsoft scores with free Windows 10 upgrade as downloads tally 10x Windows 8's first-day sales
- It's SysAdmin Day: Let us celebrate with coffee
- ISP argues net neutrality rules violate its right to block content
- Former Hacking Team developer reportedly in contact with a terrorist group
- Italian police shutter Dark Web marketplace
- Black Hat 2015: Cracking just about anything
- Android Studio focuses on C++ editing
- New Google Glass for businesses will reportedly attach to other eyewear
- Ad group urges FTC to reject right to be forgotten in US