Guiyu is the town in China where your old electronics go to die. For years, it's been one of the main locations in the world where PCs, phone and other discarded products are shipped in to be pulled apart and recycled. The work is dirty and even hazardous, but lately Guiyu has been trying to clean up its act. Following is a slideshow to give you an idea what it's like.
Electronics manufacturing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Electronics manufacturing in pictures
Foxconn is transforming the area around its factory in Zhengzhou, China. Here's a visual tour of the scene.
The deadly explosion that rocked the Chinese city of Tianjin has caused the country to shut down a nearby supercomputer, also one of the fastest in the world.
Foxconn Technology Group's plan for a "robot army" won't come as quickly as originally anticipated, according to its CEO.
Apple supplier Foxconn Technology Group has been on the receiving end of continued criticism over its factories' labor conditions for years. But on Thursday, the company's CEO let loose his outrage over the complaints.
Apple plans to make its supply chain in China greener as a way to cutdown on carbon emissions from its product manufacturing, the company announced on Monday.
As the number of solar panels on business and home rooftops multiply, America's power grid is bearing an electrical load that it was never designed to handle: the bidirectional power transfer.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- Check your Future Risk
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.