Electronics manufacturing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Electronics manufacturing in pictures
Chinese authorities have so far found no underage workers at a local Samsung Electronics supplier accused of using "child labor," but have started a campaign to crack down on the illegal activity.
By Michael Kan | 17 July, 2014 19:10
Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended business with one of its Chinese suppliers, after a labor watchdog group accused the factory of hiring five underage workers.
By Michael Kan | 14 July, 2014 14:35
Dozens of China-based suppliers to Samsung Electronics violated various labor regulations last year, including failing to pay overtime wages and provide proper safety equipment for workers, according to recent audits.
By Michael Kan | 01 July, 2014 16:33
Four years after a string of suicides brought unwanted attention to his company, Foxconn Technology Group's CEO said none of the deaths had to do with poor working conditions at its factories.
By Michael Kan | 26 June, 2014 01:07
Expect more wearables, robots and even electric cars to come from manufacturing giant Foxconn Technology Group, as the Taiwanese company tries to reinvent itself as a broader technology service provider.
By Michael Kan | 25 June, 2014 23:17
The most basic network attacks attempt to overwhelm a defensive device with sheer volumes of traffic. Sometimes these volumetric attacks are designed to overload the connections-per-second (CPS) capacity (e.g., the ramp-up rate). Learn how to mitigate DDoS attacks
- Obama signs cellphone unlocking bill
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Google offloads mystery barge to marine company
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- HP's new lifeline for OpenVMS gets a thanks from users
- Facebook outage hits users
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Amazon's four tips to make sure your cloud is secure
- HP agrees to settle allegations it overbilled US Postal Service
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint