Electronics manufacturing - News, Features, and Slideshows
Electronics manufacturing in pictures
Apple is banning the use of two toxic chemicals from final assembly processes for its products, after watchdog groups demanded the company replace the substances with safer alternatives.
By Michael Kan | 14 August, 2014 19:27
Samsung Electronics is lifting its suspension of a Chinese supplier found using child labor, after local authorities determined that the factory had not intentionally hired the underage workers.
By Michael Kan | 05 August, 2014 22:11
Chinese authorities have so far found no underage workers at a local Samsung Electronics supplier accused of using "child labor," but have started a campaign to crack down on the illegal activity.
By Michael Kan | 17 July, 2014 19:10
Samsung Electronics has temporarily suspended business with one of its Chinese suppliers, after a labor watchdog group accused the factory of hiring five underage workers.
By Michael Kan | 14 July, 2014 14:35
Dozens of China-based suppliers to Samsung Electronics violated various labor regulations last year, including failing to pay overtime wages and provide proper safety equipment for workers, according to recent audits.
By Michael Kan | 01 July, 2014 16:33
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
- Startup tips: Separating speculators from investors
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- St George to support biometric banking in iOS 8
- In Pictures: Our 10 favourite techie Simpsons episodes and moments
- ACMA requires NBN warning on backup power
- Security spending nears $2 billion a year in Australia: Gartner
- Google's search app gets friendlier to bilingual Android users
- NBN end users approach 100Mbps with FTTN
- Adult content could stimulate virtual reality market
- Cloud computing: Potential, pitfalls for people with disabilities
- Intel highlights more of its wireless computing plans
- Microsoft jumps into NoSQL market with new Azure data store
- Google gets patent to make Glass look like ordinary specs
- Apple updates OS X Yosemite public beta
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines