emc - News, Features, and Slideshows
emc in pictures
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 19 November, 2015 02:06
Dell's acquisition of EMC will give it access to a sales force notorious for its ability to "sell ice to eskimos," while EMC will gain a new foothold among mid-market customers. As a private entity, the combined result will face a freedom from market pressures that competitors such as HP can only dream of.
By Katherine Noyes | 12 October, 2015 20:47
Tintri is all about making storage smart. In the old days, storage users looked for the staunchest storage they could find. It was a case of smashing storage problems by simply applying more force (i.e., bulk) to the storage pool. Those days are rapidly ending, and customers are now looking for smart storage solutions -- ones that can answer their real and, most importantly, rapidly changing, needs.
By Ben Kepes | 06 August, 2015 01:03
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Orlando Bayter, CEO, Ormuco | 14 August, 2015 03:40
Mike Samaras has worked steadily in IT for a decade, starting when he was 17 and fresh out of high school.
By Mary K. Pratt | 14 January, 2015 22:36
IT infrastructure is constantly riding the often-tumultuous waves of consolidation and separation. A typical example would be the eras of mainframe, open systems, and PC computing. No surprise there. For the past three to five years, server virtualization has been a catalyst for data center consolidation, (even though for the most part, IT has mapped server virtualization initiatives to existing IT infrastructure choices, or dare I say legacy infrastructure).
By Mark Bowker | 13 January, 2015 03:55
It hasn't been lost on the IT vendor community and IT professionals that Cisco is absent from the VMware EVO:RAIL partner program. With all of the powerhouses participating in the program, you'd think that Cisco would jump right into the mix. Considering Cisco's growth in the server market and the fact that it doesn't currently have its own storage play, this opportunity appears to be ideal for Cisco.
By Mark Bowker | 13 December, 2014 07:21
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
This eBook provides a broad overview of micro-segmentation in the data centre. After reading this , you’ll have a good basic understanding of micro-segmentation — like you’d get from a college-level 101 class, but far more interesting than Microbiology 101 or Microeconomics 101 (and not as difficult either)!
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- SD-WAN: What it is and why you’ll use it one day
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- SCO vs. IBM legal battle over Linux may – finally – be finished
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer