energy - News, Features, and Slideshows
energy in pictures
Tokyo Electric Power on Friday sent a robot where no machine has gone before -- inside the highly radioactive heart of a reactor at the crippled Fukushima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant.
By Tim Hornyak | 10 April, 2015 18:06
The Internet of Things is mostly about achieving greater scale, but in the case of an upcoming demonstration project, it will show how electrical grids can work at a smaller scale.
By Stephen Lawson | 26 March, 2015 23:04
A Dutch utility is inviting five families to use radiator-sized servers to heat their living rooms for free.
By Loek Essers | 24 March, 2015 23:34
There's a vampire-slayer stalking the halls at Cebit.
By Peter Sayer | 19 March, 2015 07:40
So you want to track your water, electricity or gas consumption, but you still don't have a smart meter on your supply? Pixolus has a mobile app that makes it easier to keep track of meter readings, even with dumb meters.
By Peter Sayer | 19 March, 2015 05:47
Online meetings are ideal for collaboration both within the business and with customers, but too often technology solutions get in the way, creating delays or even missed meetings that can jeopardise opportunities and revenue. This whitepaper looks at: why cloud-based meeting expectations of higher customer satisfaction are not being met, the top 5 user issues reported by sales teams in cloud based meeting applications and how businesses can have assurance that they’ve chosen an enterprise grade communication tools.
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Adblock browsers for Android and iOS to keep mobile ads, tracking at bay
- Torque G02 smartphone doesn't mind a saltwater dunk
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, May 22
- Factory reset in Android phones leaves sensitive user data behind
- Secom security drone follows, photographs intruders
- Alibaba's UC Browser found leaking users' data
- Freelance hacking site vows to clean up dodgy listings
- Bigcommerce, PayPal team up for payments
- Leaked database of Adult Friend Finder still online
- Spectrum review proposes greater role for market
- ICANN chief to leave office early, may miss key transition
- Square opens Melbourne office
- Google to change Maps search system after offensive White House results
- US Senate leader to push for vote to renew NSA phone dragnet
- HP's profit slips 21 per cent as services business stumbles