energy - News, Features, and Slideshows
energy in pictures
The rise of the Internet of Things could allow telcos to provide a “quint-play” of services, according to an Ovum report.
By Adam Bender | 28 July, 2014 14:07
How technology is bringing out the best and the oh-so utterly worst in solar innovation
By John Cox | 09 July, 2014 08:40
China's nagging pollution problems could start to abate with the help of an IBM project that seeks to predict and control the air quality in Beijing, using new computing technologies.
By Michael Kan | 07 July, 2014 14:03
Five Australian startups pitched ideas for the Internet of Things at a Vivid Sydney event.
By Adam Bender | 05 June, 2014 11:22
The Consumer Product Safety Commission today issued a complete recall of all Nest Protect Smoke + CO alarm systems, over an issue that could silence the devices at a critical time.
By Jon Gold | 22 May, 2014 08:28
In this report From Infrastructure to Applications: The Future of IT is On-Demand Network World evaluates how IT departments are employing disruptive virtualisation and cloud computing approaches to support business growth and move IT into a value-adding profit centre.
- Microsoft will offer locally hosted cloud services in India
- Pioneer's rearview mirror gives drivers cloud data
- NTT DoCoMo launches sensor-laden kids' watch
- Apple's iPhone will go on sale in China on Oct. 17
- Greens seek to limit ASIO hacking powers
- Privacy Commissioner battles Bash vulnerability
- EPIC seeks enforcement action over Arizona data breaches
- China clears iPhone 6 for sale only after security tweaks
- Kaspersky Lab appoints new APAC managing director
- Smart Sparrow wins Gates e-learning grant
- First wave of .melbourne domain names go live tomorrow
- Bernard Geoghegan takes Digital Realty Trust APAC reins
- Apple patches Bash vulnerability in OS X
- Ingogo raises $9 million from Australian investors, crowdfunding
- Telstra to trial public Wi-Fi network in November