Ericsson - News, Features, and Slideshows
Following up on lawsuits in the U.S., a dispute between Ericsson and Apple over royalty payments has now moved also to Europe.
By Loek Essers | 08 May, 2015 19:58
As it awaits to be swallowed up by Nokia, Alcatel-Lucent continues to expand its switching and virtual networking portfolio.
By Jim Duffy | 22 April, 2015 03:14
Size is power in the mobile networks business, but it's only one of the reasons Nokia is acquiring Alcatel-Lucent.
By Stephen Lawson | 17 April, 2015 05:44
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's plan to connect five billion people to the Internet is feasible, anlysts said today. But it it could take 20 years to complete.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 August, 2013 20:18
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near future.
By Loek Essers | 21 December, 2012 16:08
Smartphone vendors will rely on upgrades such as full-HD screens and more powerful yet more frugal processors to entice customers to buy new phones in 2013.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 10 December, 2012 20:51
Security researchers have shown that carefully crafted text messages sent to cell phones via short message service (SMS) can cause them to shutdown without the knowledge of the owner.
By Keir Thomas | 08 January, 2011 05:49
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is expected to happen in the coming year.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 08 December, 2010 03:14
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter