European Court of Justice - News, Features, and Slideshows
European Union laws requiring communications providers to retain metadata are invalid because they seriously interfere with fundamental privacy rights, the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) ruled Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 April, 2014 20:47
Europe’s top legal advisor ruled on Thursday that the blanket retention of data, even to combat crime, is incompatible with fundamental rights.
By Jennifer Baker | 12 December, 2013 12:57
The senior advisor to Europe’s top court said Tuesday that Google is not responsible for third party information in its search results and that there is no universal “right to be forgotten” under the current data protection laws.
By Jennifer Baker | 25 June, 2013 10:18
The European Commission has finally killed the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) by withdrawing its bid to have the treaty's legality confirmed.
By Jennifer Baker | 20 December, 2012 17:43
The functionalities of a computer program and programming languages cannot be protected by copyright. according to the European Court of Justice's senior adviser.
By Jennifer Baker | 30 November, 2011 00:59
This whitepaper details how the Academy of Art University in the US uses high-performing, reliable workstations, servers, and PCs to help design students get ready for the workforce. • The University has a cross-academy strategy that seeks to give all departments, including faculty and administrative staff, technology that fosters innovation. • The Academy can support its technology strategy and prepare students for success in the emerging innovation economy • The University can also better support remote learning
- Facebook, Instagram temporarily down in many countries
- Quantum bringing public cloud into virtual storage fold
- Data retention: Journalists decry 'Stasi‐like surveillance state'
- DEA cameras tracking hundreds of millions of car journeys across the US
- Telstra no better off under HFC transition plan, government says
- Oracle and Samsung said to be teaming up for mobile cloud delivery
- Microsoft results buoyed by cloud products, but profit drops
- In Pictures: 5 things we love, hate about the ASUS X205 notebook
- Get ready for the 24-hour laptop: Battery life hits new highs
- Facebook testing spartan Android 'Lite' service
- States threaten lawsuit against Obama's municipal broadband plan
- Simple Google search outed alleged Silk Road founder
- US startup finds malware intrusions by keeping an eye on processor radio frequencies
- Apple readies another crack at ending Yosemite's Wi-Fi ills
- Gartner foresees 250m connected vehicles on the road by 2020