European Court of Justice - News, Features, and Slideshows
European Union laws requiring communications providers to retain metadata are invalid because they seriously interfere with fundamental privacy rights, the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) ruled Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 08 April, 2014 20:47
Europe’s top legal advisor ruled on Thursday that the blanket retention of data, even to combat crime, is incompatible with fundamental rights.
By Jennifer Baker | 12 December, 2013 12:57
The senior advisor to Europe’s top court said Tuesday that Google is not responsible for third party information in its search results and that there is no universal “right to be forgotten” under the current data protection laws.
By Jennifer Baker | 25 June, 2013 10:18
The European Commission has finally killed the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) by withdrawing its bid to have the treaty's legality confirmed.
By Jennifer Baker | 20 December, 2012 17:43
The functionalities of a computer program and programming languages cannot be protected by copyright. according to the European Court of Justice's senior adviser.
By Jennifer Baker | 30 November, 2011 00:59
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
A guide for security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6
- Half-baked mergers
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Watch video of the first iPhone 6...being dropped