european union - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Internet as we know it faces several major dangers in the next 10 years, including interference from nation-states, an undermining of trust caused by governmental and corporate surveillance scandals and the corporate world's influence on its basic structure, according to a new report.
By Jon Gold | 04 July, 2014 02:03
European Union lawmakers believe that micro-licensing could solve all user generated content problems (UCG) according to a European Commission document leaked on Monday.
By Jennifer Baker | 29 April, 2014 04:15
The European Union will spend €1 billion on improving its digital services and high-speed broadband networks as part of a deal agreed on Wednesday.
By Jennifer Baker | 26 February, 2014 15:28
The European Union is considering helping to fund a $185-million project to lay an undersea cable from Brazil to Europe.
By Jennifer Baker | 25 February, 2014 18:24
German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President François Hollande will discuss this week how Europe can keep email traffic away from U.S. servers.
By Loek Essers | 17 February, 2014 10:39
With Europe's top court ordering Google to allow people to basically edit their online personal histories, some wonder what this will mean for finding the truth online.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 May, 2014 06:23
By Sharon Gaudin | 28 November, 2012 21:15
The European Union is moving to build a high-performance computing industry to challenge U.S. dominance, but it doesn't want to play catch-up. It wants to leapfrog, and it is seeing whether ARM Holdings technology can give it that edge.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 15 November, 2012 11:13
Microsoft's surprise offer last week to European Union (EU) antitrust regulators that it will give Windows users a chance to download rivals' browsers stunned some, who likened it to waving the white flag.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2009 08:32
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques.Fine out where to find a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience. Read more
- Facebook isn't giving up on search
- Firm says vulnerability in Tails contained in I2P component
- More AT&T customers switch to paying for their phones
- Dropbox lures business users from consumer product
- Ultra high-def TVs still too expensive
- Facebook reports a big sales jump, helped by mobile ads
- SSD prices for hybrids, ultrathin laptops to flatten next year
- Microsoft verging on single OS across all devices
- Top 5 take-aways from Tim Cook on Apple's Q3 earnings call
- IBM aims to disrupt supercomputing market with Cloud enticements
- Microsoft again writes off Surface inventory, renews profitability doubts
- Arrests made after international cyber-ring targets StubHub
- Sprint to resell Google Apps for Business cloud service
- What to expect in Facebook's earnings call today
- Google tried to buy music giant Spotify