european union - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has changed its "Get Windows 10" advertisement displayed on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices to tout the value of the free upgrade in dollars and cents.
By Gregg Keizer | 26 June, 2015 02:33
European Union data-protection reform proposals could undermine basic privacy rights globally, a growing chorus of critics say.
By Loek Essers | 22 April, 2015 02:58
Despite privacy concerns and doubts over its usefulness, a plan to track passengers entering or leaving the European Union in a series of national databases is likely to become reality by the end of the year.
By Loek Essers | 14 February, 2015 01:08
Google today said it would give users of its Google Drive cloud storage service an additional 2GB if they ran a three-step security checkup.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 February, 2015 06:59
The U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) has voted to uphold earlier findings that Chinese and Taiwanese photovoltaic manufacturers have been saturating their market with low-cost photovoltaic (PV) panels.
By Lucas Mearian | 24 January, 2015 07:15
With the European Commission leveling antitrust charges against Google, the company should be bracing itself for a big and potentially costly fight over its dominant search business.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 April, 2015 03:51
With Europe's top court ordering Google to allow people to basically edit their online personal histories, some wonder what this will mean for finding the truth online.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 May, 2014 06:23
By Sharon Gaudin | 28 November, 2012 21:15
The European Union is moving to build a high-performance computing industry to challenge U.S. dominance, but it doesn't want to play catch-up. It wants to leapfrog, and it is seeing whether ARM Holdings technology can give it that edge.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 15 November, 2012 11:13
Microsoft's surprise offer last week to European Union (EU) antitrust regulators that it will give Windows users a chance to download rivals' browsers stunned some, who likened it to waving the white flag.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2009 08:32
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This infographic looks at how to organisations are overcoming the challenges associated with hybrid computing and summarizes the results found in the research paper “Optimized Sourcing in Hybrid Environments.”
- India reverses ban on porn websites
- EFF-led group wants to give do-not-track some bite
- Intel's big plan to seed the private cloud market
- Sprint sees record low customer loss rate, but drops to 4th place behind T-Mobile
- Named Data Networking consortium preps for workshop, hackathon
- Ballmer's phone blunder cost Microsoft $10B
- Harvard CISO shares 5 pearls of IT security wisdom
- Senate heads toward vote on CISA cyberthreat info sharing bill
- SanDisk, Toshiba double down, announce the world's highest capacity 3D NAND flash chips
- A new tool for pricing used IT equipment
- Black Hat 2015: Ransomware not all it's cracked up to be
- Black Hat 2015: Attackers use commercial Terracotta VPN to launch attacks
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Businesses can rent a robot for customer care
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices