Exploits / vulnerabilities - News, Features, and Slideshows
- 'Ghost' vulnerability poses high risk to Linux distributions
- DNS hijacking vulnerability affects D-Link DSL router, possibly other devices
- Cyberthreat sharing must include strong privacy protections, advocates say
U.S. lawmakers should put strict privacy controls into planned legislation to encourage companies to share cyberthreat information with government agencies and each other, some advocates said.
By Grant Gross | 29 January, 2015 08:50
The SilentText secure messaging application bundled with Blackphone had a serious vulnerability that would have allowed attackers to decrypt messages, read contact information, gather location data and even execute malicious code on the phone.
By Lucian Constantin | 29 January, 2015 01:30
A fault in a widely used component of most Linux distributions could allow an attacker to take remote control of a system after merely sending a malicious email.
By Jeremy Kirk | 28 January, 2015 11:04
A vulnerability found in a DSL router model from D-Link allows remote hackers to change its DNS (Domain Name System) settings and hijack users' traffic. The issue might also affect other devices because it is located in a popular firmware used by different manufacturers, according to a security researcher.
By Lucian Constantin | 28 January, 2015 05:20
Adobe Systems started pushing a critical Flash Player patch to users who have auto-update enabled over the weekend in order to fix a vulnerability that has been exploited by attackers since last week.
By Lucian Constantin | 27 January, 2015 00:08
Info-Tech evaluated ten competitors in the SIEMmarket. For this Vendor Landscape, Info-Tech focused on those vendors that offer broad capabilities across multiple platforms and that have a strong market presence and/or reputational presence among mid and large sized enterprises.
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar
- Uber passenger who alleged Delhi rape sues in US
- Microsoft said to invest in Android maker Cyanogen
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- Google misses with Q4 sales and earnings
- Feds go after operator of revenge porn site
- Renewable energy costs expected to drop 40% in next few years
- Android apostates account for 1-in-5 U.S. iPhone sales
- FCC banks nearly $45 billion in landmark AWS-3 spectrum auction