- Tutorial: How to fix app store errors in Windows 8
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- 10 open source e-learning projects to watch
- How to fight back against CryptoLocker
Facebook in pictures
Facebook reported a nice 72 percent boost in sales for the first quarter, as the company continues to make strides expanding its advertising business on mobile devices.
By Zach Miners | 24 April, 2014 06:56
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, will participate in Thursday's quarterly earnings call, a departure from the company's past practice, when former chief executive Steve Ballmer rarely joined calls with Wall Street analysts.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 April, 2014 05:36
Mobile users of Google's search and YouTube service will soon see more targeted ads that take them straight to the installation pages for advertisers' mobile apps.
By Zach Miners | 23 April, 2014 04:41
This week on World Tech Update, Google confirmed its acquisition of drone maker Titan Aerospace, a move poised to advance delivery of the company's data services and mapping applications.
By Nick Barber and Melissa Aparicio | 18 April, 2014 07:56
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
By Kristin Burnham | 12 January, 2011 10:25
Many people log on to Facebook primarily for fun, but businesses are increasingly turning to the social networking site as an advertising gold mine. By placing ads on Facebook, you can zero in on a select portion of some half a billion users according to their interests and demographics.
By Elsa Wenzel | 16 September, 2010 15:05
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
By Marc Ferranti | 06 March, 2014 22:06
Facebook may be shelling out $19 billion in cash and stock for the messaging company WhatsApp to stanch the departure of younger users from the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 February, 2014 19:54
Personal coach Kelly Walsh says some initiatives with the 'work/life balance' label are actually counterproductive.
By Jamie Eckle | 02 December, 2013 11:33
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
Organisations of all shapes and sizes need a new approach to data protection that addresses the challenges of data growth, but IT budgets are not keeping pace with the escalating costs of supporting storage requirements. This whitepaper explores how securing and retrieving organisational data will need to be done more efficiently.
- Consumers are still meh about 3D printers
- Average peak broadband connection speeds hit 35.2 Mbps: Report
- Audit uncovers Medicare data snafus
- We Heart It turns off Twitter sharing following spam
- In pictures: NextDC rolls out hardware dispensing vending machines
- Qualcomm could face SEC probe over Chinese bribery allegations
- Automated call scam targets Qantas customers
- Megaupload seeks return of millions in frozen Hong Kong assets
- Securing the Internet of Things in a connected world
- Apple defies PC downturn again, boosts Mac sales
- Zynga founder Mark Pincus gives up day-to-day duties
- US FCC will seek input on latest net neutrality proposal
- Apple to Microsoft: Better late than never for Office on iPad
- In Pictures: Fave raves - 33 tech pros share their favourite IT products
- In Pictures: What the rumour mill expects from iOS 8