Facebook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Facebook in pictures
Google and Facebook continued to pour millions of dollars into federal political lobbying in the third quarter in attempts to influence U.S. lawmakers and have legislation written in their favor.
By Martyn Williams | 22 October, 2014 06:36
During a major disaster, Facebook users can let their friends and family know they are safe by using the new Safety Check tool.
By Loek Essers | 16 October, 2014 20:59
Facebook is doubling the rewards it will pay for security vulnerabilities related to code that runs its advertising system, the company said Wednesday.
By Jeremy Kirk | 16 October, 2014 11:47
The framework that powers Facebook's Paper content presentation app is being made publicly available to help developers create Apple iOS apps that scroll more smoothly.
By Joab Jackson | 16 October, 2014 06:41
Many security experts feel that passwords are no longer sufficient to keep online accounts safe from hackers, but we're still a long way from widespread adoption of biometrics and alternative methods of authentication.
By Lucian Constantin | 14 October, 2014 07:29
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
By Kristin Burnham | 12 January, 2011 10:25
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
By Ken Gagne | 11 July, 2014 20:37
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
By Marc Ferranti | 06 March, 2014 22:06
Facebook may be shelling out $19 billion in cash and stock for the messaging company WhatsApp to stanch the departure of younger users from the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 February, 2014 19:54
Whitepapers about Facebook
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
TheInfoPro's unique Market Window uses IT professionals ratings of vendors on 14 separate criteria to calculate scores for Vendor Promise and Vendor Fulfillment, allowing comparison of vendors’ effectiveness at strategy, marketing, delivery and execution. In prior studies, this research appeared in the Vendor Performance report.
- Bunnings drives productivity with iPod Touch rollout
- NFC chip implants: First Apple, now this guy
- New Windows 10 TP build adds Windows Phone Action Center
- Software developer shortage transcends international boundaries
- World's first 3D full-body scanning booth to create custom you figurines
- SAP offering customers 'simpler' way to buy its Hana in-memory platform
- Intel venture capital funds target Chinese startups in wearables, IoT
- Microsoft releases first Windows 10 update, starts testing fast-paced delivery system
- Broadband boost: G.fast testing lab, consortium to foster 100G over copper
- NASA orbiter and rover send back first looks at comet Siding Spring
- Samsung now producing 32GB DRAM modules, 128GB to follow
- Google uses Songza to update Play Music app
- Topcoder now has 3,700 Swift devs
- Google extends two-factor authentication with physical USB keys
- Google, Facebook continue massive lobbying efforts in Q3