Facebook - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Facebook's TODO project is a big push to evolve the world of open source
- Facebook open sources its mcrouter data-caching tool
- FCC gets record number of net neutrality comments, what now?
Facebook in pictures
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's deadline for the public to comment on the agency's proposed net neutrality rules passed Monday with more than 3 million comments filed, by far a record number for an FCC proceeding.
By Grant Gross | 17 September, 2014 01:50
Facebook is releasing mcrouter, its software for turning many cache servers around the world into one distributed system, as open source.
By Stephen Lawson | 16 September, 2014 10:23
Facebook has partnered with several large companies to kick off a new project called TODO that aims to improve the way open source software is developed and consumed.
By James Niccolai | 16 September, 2014 04:10
Facebook might be taking a page from Snapchat.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 September, 2014 06:36
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
By Kristin Burnham | 12 January, 2011 10:25
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
By Ken Gagne | 11 July, 2014 20:37
With Google's social network coming up on its third anniversary, industry analysts are wondering if the company is rethinking Google+ and where it goes from here.
By Sharon Gaudin | 21 June, 2014 06:28
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
As tech companies increasingly rely on analyzing and selling user data to boost revenue, trust is emerging as one of the defining issues of the year for the IT sector.
By Marc Ferranti | 06 March, 2014 22:06
Facebook may be shelling out $19 billion in cash and stock for the messaging company WhatsApp to stanch the departure of younger users from the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 20 February, 2014 19:54
Whitepapers about Facebook
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
Constant connectivity is causing a shift in worker expectations. This whitepaper demonstrates how an effective mobility strategy empowers users and improves business performance without compromising essential IT controls. • Employees and business leaders expect constant connectivity, diverse collaboration tools and on-demand access to enterprise applications • If user expectations don’t align with business requirements, decision makers must find a common ground • By adopting a comprehensive, integrated solution, organizations can quickly and flexibly add new capabilities
- MIT-bred technology would let cars help each other avoid traffic jams
- Nadella regime board shuffle continues at Microsoft
- Box has high hopes for iOS 8 doc picker extension
- Virgin Atlantic picks Gogo for in-flight connectivity
- Twitter patches vulnerability that could have impacted advertising accounts
- Cisco acquires OpenStack cloud provider
- Cisco buys private cloud provider Metacloud
- How IT should prep for iOS 8
- VMware gives desktop admins more control with Mirage update
- Open document formats campaign backed by EU's digital commissioner
- Adobe releases previously delayed security updates for Reader and Acrobat
- Sony slashes value of its mobile business, projects larger loss for fiscal year
- The security function needs SMART metrics
- Yelp settles US FTC charges of violating child privacy
- Copyright reform: eBay not sold on website blocking