Facebook - News, Features, and Slideshows
Facebook in pictures
Facebook has just given developers a year to stop relying on its hosted Parse services, announcing it will shut down the services it acquired when it purchased the company of the same name in 2013.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 29 January, 2016 10:43
Facebook's efforts to figure out how users want to connect when they're on the move is paying off. The social network's latest earnings report show that mobile is carrying the company, pushing it to record fourth-quarter results.
By Sharon Gaudin | 29 January, 2016 07:54
Facebook is considering a dedicated service or page where users will be able watch videos and not be bothered by other content.
By Martyn Williams | 28 January, 2016 10:10
Facebook plans to add five new reactions to the iconic Like button in the next few weeks.
By Sharon Gaudin | 28 January, 2016 06:41
Hate speech has no place on the Internet, Facebook says, and this week it put at least some of its money where its mouth is.
By Katherine Noyes | 20 January, 2016 08:27
When I signed up for a Twitter account in the summer of 2009 I spent some time thinking about whether or not I should protect my tweets. As a novice Twitter user, I had to decide whether the benefits of protecting my tweets outweighed the drawbacks. Looking back, I do not regret my decision to protect my tweets, and I'll tell you why.
By Phil Shapiro | 23 February, 2011 09:14
Back in November 2010, Facebook announced plans for a "social inbox" -- a space that would serve as a hub for all communications that people use online or via mobile phones, ranging from text messages and chat messages to e-mail messages, too.
By Kristin Burnham | 12 January, 2011 10:25
For the first time, Facebook recorded more than a billion active users in a day: Monday saw about 15% of the world's population log in to watch cat videos, argue about politics, stalk ex-lovers, and publicly complain about bad service...
By Richi Jennings | 28 August, 2015 13:24
Google's restructuring could finally deliver to Wall Street something it's been after for years: more insight into what the company is spending on things like Nest, drones and health research.
By Sharon Gaudin | 12 August, 2015 06:50
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Dean Manzoori, Masergy VP for Unified Communications | 21 March, 2015 08:23
Disaggregation seems to be all the rage in networking these days.
By Jim Duffy | 02 March, 2015 22:12
Whitepapers about Facebook
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
This whitepaper looks at the security gaps and disconnects in organisations, how network virtualisation can help to reduce risk and support a higher-level security strategy and why micro-segmentation provided through network virtualisation paves the way for implementing a Zero Trust model.
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India