- Tutorial: How to fix app store errors in Windows 8
- How to fix the two-factor authentication log-in error in Gmail on Android
- 10 open source e-learning projects to watch
- How to fight back against CryptoLocker
Verizon today issued its annual data-breach investigations report, a study of what happened in 1,367 known cases across dozens of industries in 95 countries last year, and the most common form of attack was breaking in through Web applications.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 April, 2014 21:11
Security professionals are playing defense against cybercrime, and often feel outgunned by tech-savvy hackers and insiders out to steal sensitive data from within the business. They see a shortage of qualified security personnel to call on, but also believe that threat-detection tools are getting better.
By Ellen Messmer | 04 April, 2014 07:54
Microsoft had no choice but to bite the bullet and take the inevitable public relations backlash stemming from last week's disclosure that it accessed a customer's Hotmail account, an expert in corporate messaging and public relations said.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 March, 2014 12:47
Knock, knock! Secret Service here. "Is this your customer payment card data?"
By Ellen Messmer | 26 March, 2014 21:51
The Syrian Electronic Army, a hacker group closely associated with Syria's president, this week shared documents it allegedly stole that show what Microsoft charges the FBI monthly for information on the software maker's customers.
By Ellen Messmer | 21 March, 2014 16:10
The government's insistence, in its dispute with Lavabit, that cloud service providers hand over their encryption keys when asked, has refocused attention on the issue of key ownership and management in the cloud.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 15 November, 2013 11:41
Users of consumer technology and social media reacted quickly after explosions ripped through crowds near the finish line of the Boston Marathon last week, sending out updates, snapping photos and recording videos that officials said could turn out to be critical pieces of evidence.
By Matt Hamblen | 22 April, 2013 10:04
The first half of 2012 was pretty bad - from the embarrassing hack of a conversation between the FBI and Scotland Yard to a plethora of data breaches - and the second half wasn't much better, with events including Symantec's antivirus update mess and periodic attacks from hactivists at Anonymous.
By Ellen Messmer | 10 December, 2012 17:57
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
Deloitte explores the business and finance implications associated with managing data centres. This paper outlines the options available to structure an organisations data centre and complementary IT services and provides the key considerations that need to be reviewed when determining which option works best for them.
- Securing the Internet of Things in a connected world
- Apple defies PC downturn again, boosts Mac sales
- Zynga founder Mark Pincus gives up day-to-day duties
- FCC will seek input on latest net neutrality proposal
- Apple to Microsoft: Better late than never for Office on iPad
- In Pictures: Fave raves - 33 tech pros share their favourite IT products
- In Pictures: What the rumour mill expects from iOS 8
- In Pictures: 15 tips for surviving - and thriving - as an IT contractor
- Quip issues API for mobile word processor, aims it at enterprise IT
- In Pictures: Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
- Telstra signs broadband security deal with Mako Networks
- With OpenPower, IBM tries to turn the tables on Intel
- Report: US FCC to allow payments for speedier traffic
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- IPhone sales drive strong Apple earnings