fibre - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telcos selling National Broadband Network fibre services will have warn customers that a mains power failure could knock out voice services under new rules drawn up by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
By Adam Bender | 22 August, 2014 11:44
Vocus has paid Telecom NZ nearly $2.5 million to acquire 10 per cent interest in the Sea-Me-We 3 cable between Perth and Singapore.
By Adam Bender | 18 June, 2014 16:10
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation networks.
By Paul Meller | 13 June, 2009 04:47
This Paper is intended to provide the reader with a relevant and realistic assessment of what this Standard means to privacy and how information security processes and systems may be impacted when adopting the services of a CSP.
- Google defends policy that leaves most Android devices unpatched
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
- NFL statement on New England Patriots Deflate-gate
- A Doomsday Clock reading guide
- Microsoft releases big update to Windows 10 preview
- U.S. to impose big tariffs on China and Taiwan for dumping solar panels on market
- US spy program has financial, security impacts, says Snowden
- NASA tests robotic helicopter that would act as Mars scout
- No worries! Asteroid to safely pass Earth on Monday
- Sony delays earnings report in wake of hack attack
- Microsoft to acquire R language powerhouse Revolution Analytics