fibre - News, Features, and Slideshows
Telcos selling National Broadband Network fibre services will have warn customers that a mains power failure could knock out voice services under new rules drawn up by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
By Adam Bender | 22 August, 2014 11:44
Vocus has paid Telecom NZ nearly $2.5 million to acquire 10 per cent interest in the Sea-Me-We 3 cable between Perth and Singapore.
By Adam Bender | 18 June, 2014 16:10
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation networks.
By Paul Meller | 13 June, 2009 04:47
Most organisations want to improve web application performance for their users, but they can’t always justify the cost of implementing acceleration techniques.Fine out where to find a simple, low-risk, and low-cost acceleration solution that can significantly improve the end-user experience. Read more
- Satellite radar measurements map the seafloor
- Apple delivers OS X Yosemite 'golden master' to devs
- Alcatel-Lucent sells enterprise networking unit to China Huaxin
- Hacked celebrities 'dumb', says proposed EU digital commissioner
- Fujitsu to design Japanese exascale supercomputer
- NBN Co eyes FTTN trial extension
- In pictures: Fujitsu opens Oceania centre in Sydney
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Uber targets business customers
- Brandis denies ‘overreach’ on national security laws
- Will enterprises skip Windows 8 for 10?
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Eftpos goes live with payments infrastructure overhaul