Financial IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
A coalition of retail industry trade groups this week called for the creation of an open tokenization standard for protecting credit and debit card data from theft and misuse.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 02 August, 2014 06:25
Visa announced a new simplified digital payment service called Visa Checkout, which is designed to allow customers to pay quickly for goods online on any connected device.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 July, 2014 06:11
Industry efforts to shore up payment card security after the massive data breach at Target appear to be devolving into a battle over chip vs. PIN technology between retailers and credit card companies.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 March, 2014 19:46
Some financial services companies are looking to migrate their ATM fleets from Windows to Linux in a bid to have better control over hardware and software upgrade cycles.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 20 March, 2014 20:04
Banks have been sending millions of Americans credit and debit cards equipped with computer chips to improve the security of in-store purchases.
By Matt Hamblen | 13 August, 2015 00:24
Lessons from 9/11 have helped ensure the financial services sector in New York and New Jersey is prepared for disasters, and even shorted the time to recover when regional events happen.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 October, 2012 10:14
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Android Studio 2.0 beta speeds up app restarts
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance