financial results - News, Features, and Slideshows
Alibaba is looking to raise as much as $US21 billion in its U.S. IPO, according to documents filed Friday, making the Chinese e-commerce company's debut one of the largest initial public offerings in U.S. history.
By Zach Miners | 06 September, 2014 09:28
NBN Co aims to have National Broadband Network service available to about 1 million homes and businesses in financial-year 2014-15, up from 552,000 in FY 2013-14, CEO Bill Morrow said today as the company announced financial results for the 12-month period ended 30 June 2014.
By Adam Bender | 28 August, 2014 14:28
Fibre/Ethernet and Internet segments helped propel Vocus Communications (ASX: VOC) to a revenue of $92.3 million for the financial year ended June 2014. This was up 38 per cent on 2013’s revenue of $66.9 million.
By Hamish Barwick | 28 August, 2014 10:00
Melbourne's IT's acquisition of Netregistry Group contributed to a 16 per cent year-on-year revenue jump to $59.6 million for the first half of 2014, the company said today.
By Adam Bender | 27 August, 2014 15:57
SAP's strategy event for the investment community on Tuesday offered few major surprises to anyone who's been closely monitoring the software vendor lately, but did serve to cement the company's future direction for product development, growth and customer retention. Here's a look at some of the highlights of the event.
By Chris Kanaracus | 04 February, 2014 22:20
Oracle is gearing up to report its second-quarter earnings Wednesday and given the restrained expectations CFO Sandra Katz earlier set for key areas such as software revenue, Oracle's results are sure to come under even more scrutiny than the tech bellwether already gets.
By Chris Kanaracus | 16 December, 2013 20:20
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Despite the frothy headlines stirred by Twitter's initial public offering, tech is not in a bubble of the sort that arose before the 2000 dot-com crash.
By Marc Ferranti | 08 November, 2013 21:33
Oracle's annual OpenWorld conference is less than a week away, and as usual the vendor is expected to make a slew of new product and strategy announcements.
By Chris Kanaracus | 17 September, 2013 12:01
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMedia Planner Buyer - Media Trader OpportunitiesNSW
True innovation isn’t achieved by technology alone. This paper looks at the nature of innovation and how difficult it can be to recognise, let alone embed within your ICT outsourcing arrangements, and offers better ways of enabling true business innovation. • A Deloitte survey of 5000 young leaders found that 78% of ‘millennials’ cited innovation as one of the top three purposes of business • Only 58% of the young leaders from Australia believed they work in an innovative organisation and just 46% felt their organisation helps them to be innovative • Clauses in ICT outsourcing contracts relating to innovation are typically both extremely limiting and impractical to deliver.
- Sprint, Windstream traffic routing errors hijacked other ISPs
- Oracle to acquire content storage management company Front Porch Digital
- NBN Co's Morrow promises 'aggressive' push to connect homes
- IT vendor partnership helps drive Aussie solar car team
- In brief: Thiess announces NBN contract win
- In Pictures: 10 ways Apple really has changed the (tech) world
- In Pictures: Rotten Apple - Apple's 11 biggest failures
- In Pictures: The many looks of the Apple Watch
- Want lithium-ion batteries to last? Slow charging may not be the answer
- eBay scalpers hawk iPhone 6 Plus at prices up to $6K
- Does Apple have a breakout product in its smartwatch?
- What Apple knows about smartwatches that Google doesn't
- Uber, competitors face regulatory battles in US
- HP unit pleads guilty to bribing Russian officials
- Harvard team develops soft robot that stands up and walks on its own