Firefox - News, Features, and Slideshows
Yahoo's share gains since November from a deal with Mozilla may be a clue about whether the search company can attract more users through the just-announced contract to change Internet Explorer's and Chrome's default search through installations of Oracle's Java.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 June, 2015 21:19
Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) is about to lose the one market it's had locked up for decades: The enterprise.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 June, 2015 02:16
With version 40 of the Firefox Developer Edition browser, Mozilla is adding performance tools to give developers a better understanding of what's happening in apps from a performance standpoint.
By Paul Krill | 03 June, 2015 20:07
Mozilla yesterday updated Firefox to version 38, patching 15 security vulnerabilities and integrating an Adobe anti-piracy technology for playing protected media, like the movies and TV shows offered by Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 May, 2015 00:55
By Gregg Keizer | 11 May, 2015 23:28
Google's Chrome browser broke the 25% user share mark last month, putting it in the position that Firefox briefly attained but quickly lost.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 May, 2015 06:51
Four months after Yahoo closed a deal with Mozilla to make its search engine the default in Firefox in the U.S., Yahoo has managed to hold onto most of the share it grabbed from Google.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 April, 2015 00:38
According to Richard Stallman, godfather of the free software movement, Facebook is a "monstrous surveillance engine," tech companies working for patent reform aren't going nearly far enough, and parents must lobby their children's schools to keep data private and provide free software alternatives.
By Jon Gold | 24 March, 2015 04:13
Google has upped the ante in its appeal to Firefox users to restore its search engine as the default, embedding a prominent plea above the search results.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 March, 2015 01:15
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
An effective preventive maintenance strategy can be one of the most cost-effective measures you can take to ensure the ongoing health of both your critical equipment and overall business. Find out the most common causes of UPS failure, how regular maintenance practices so dramatically improve UPS reliability and performance, and the 10 elements an effective UPS maintenance plan should include.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter