Firefox - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google's Chrome browser last month broke the 20% user share bar for the first time, according to Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 August, 2014 01:23
Mozilla today ditched the "interim" label for Chris Beard and appointed him CEO.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 06:25
Firefox users who don't like the changes to the browser's new tab page have multiple options.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 July, 2014 22:54
Mozilla yesterday released Firefox 31, patching 14 vulnerabilities, debuting a search box on the new tab page and adding a Google-provided service that detects and blocks known malicious files before they're downloaded.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 July, 2014 23:50
Google engineers have begun working on a fix for a months-old Chrome bug that drains Windows' laptop batteries, a move triggered by a story on Forbes' website.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 July, 2014 06:05
Mozilla has its hands in many projects aimed at advancing the Web. Here's our take on the 10 most promising
By Serdar Yegulalp | 18 July, 2014 07:50
Microsoft has managed to reverse years of sometimes-sharp decline in Internet Explorer's user share and revive interest in the browser it bundles with Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 20:33
While Google's Chrome and Microsoft's IE10 and IE11 browsers will automatically update to the latest version of Adobe Flash, anyone using Safari, Firefox, Opera or older versions of IE must do so manually.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 06:25
Firefox's user share on all platforms -- desktop and mobile -- has plunged in the last two months as its desktop browser continued to bleed and efforts to capture users on smartphones fell short.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 July, 2014 22:53
Microsoft on Monday launched a developers' channel of Internet Explorer that will be regularly updated to give website and Web app designers and developers an early look at what the company plans with its browser.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 June, 2014 20:47
Mozilla has pulled a "Chrome" by adding a search box to the new tab page in Firefox 31, which is slated to ship in final form on July 22.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 June, 2014 21:40
Twitter took its browser-based TweetDeck service offline today for an hour as it wrestled with a vulnerability that criminals exploited to tweet script-filed messages to victims' feeds.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 June, 2014 04:26
Google has unseated rival Microsoft as the leading browser maker in the U.S. for the first time, Adobe said this week, citing data from its analytics platform.
By Gregg Keizer | 07 June, 2014 05:28
Today’s security threats increasingly involve application-layer DDoS attacks mounted by organized groups of attackers to damage web-facing applications by exhausting resources. F5 BIG-IP ASM provides application-layer protection against DDoS attacks.
- Tablets priced under $35 on the horizon
- VMware acquires CloudVolumes for faster virtual app delivery
- HP reports surprise growth as PC sales climb
- How Tesla will help bring renewable energy to your business or home
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- AT&T to get the M8 for Windows, too; it's not just Verizon
- R programming language gaining ground on traditional statistics packages
- How can the Internet have too many routes and not enough addresses?
- OnBeep developing walkie-talkie type wearable for mobile devices
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update