Firefox - News, Features, and Slideshows
After Google's share of the U.S. search market slipped in December, the Mountain View, Calif. company has been trying to entice Firefox users back to the fold.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 January, 2015 08:16
Mozilla today released its newest browser, Firefox 35, which features a streamlined version of the plug-in-free Hello video calling service and faster access to an app marketplace that has dreams of becoming the next Chrome Web Store.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 January, 2015 08:22
Mozilla's deal with Yahoo has quadrupled the search provider's usage by those running Firefox in the U.S., but the browser's users still prefer Google, according to data from an Irish analytics company.
By Gregg Keizer | 08 January, 2015 22:12
Mozilla is planning a version of the Firefox OS for wearables, and one of the top priorities is to break down barriers among smartwatches, smart glasses and other body-hugging devices based on Apple's and Google's operating systems.
By Agam Shah | 07 January, 2015 08:04
Mozilla last week denied that there was a connection between flat search revenue in 2013 and recent fundraising efforts that have asked Firefox users to donate to the nonprofit.
By Gregg Keizer | 24 December, 2014 03:00
Mozilla has been running a fundraiser from within its Firefox browser, a program that will run through the end of the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 December, 2014 07:43
A Mozilla manager yesterday said that the open-source developer would create a browser for Apple's iOS, the mobile operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 December, 2014 05:38
As anticipated, Mozilla today updated Firefox to version 34, automatically switching the browser's default search from Google to Yahoo for most users in North America.
By Gregg Keizer | 02 December, 2014 08:39
Mozilla will automatically change the default search engine in Firefox from Google to Yahoo for most U.S. users when it updates the browser this month.
By Gregg Keizer | 01 December, 2014 23:56
Along with its impending switch to Yahoo as the default search engine for Firefox, Mozilla will also change how users conduct searches in the browser, the company said Tuesday.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 November, 2014 02:34
Mozilla today said that 2013 revenue from its deal with Google was flat compared to the year before, as was its income overall, even as expenses jumped by 42%.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 November, 2014 05:14
By taking advantage of ready-to- use virtual services and environments, you can significantly expedite new projects, reduce dependency on IT teams and create an environment for business agility. •Executives often employ business process management (BPM), to enhance agility •BPM uses software and services to identify, document, automate and continuously improve business processes •Address customer and IT-related challenges more effectively and help transform your enterprise to a BPM-focused, globally integrated organisation
- Google defends policy that leaves most Android devices unpatched
- NIST pledges transparency in NSA dealings over crypto standards
- North Carolina could be next in Google Fiber roll-out
- Conference calls a waste of time? In 1915, this one made history
- Box rides high on Wall Street’s warm welcome
- China tightens Internet control by blocking VPN services
- NFL statement on New England Patriots Deflate-gate
- A Doomsday Clock reading guide
- Microsoft releases big update to Windows 10 preview
- U.S. to impose big tariffs on China and Taiwan for dumping solar panels on market
- US spy program has financial, security impacts, says Snowden
- NASA tests robotic helicopter that would act as Mars scout
- No worries! Asteroid to safely pass Earth on Monday
- Sony delays earnings report in wake of hack attack
- Microsoft to acquire R language powerhouse Revolution Analytics