Firefox - News, Features, and Slideshows
Mozilla today announced that a smartphone powered by its Firefox OS mobile operating system went on sale in India, one of the key markets that the company has targeted.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 August, 2014 23:59
Google's Chrome browser last month broke the 20% user share bar for the first time, according to Net Applications.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 August, 2014 01:23
Mozilla today ditched the "interim" label for Chris Beard and appointed him CEO.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 06:25
Firefox users who don't like the changes to the browser's new tab page have multiple options.
By Gregg Keizer | 28 July, 2014 22:54
Mozilla yesterday released Firefox 31, patching 14 vulnerabilities, debuting a search box on the new tab page and adding a Google-provided service that detects and blocks known malicious files before they're downloaded.
By Gregg Keizer | 23 July, 2014 23:50
Google engineers have begun working on a fix for a months-old Chrome bug that drains Windows' laptop batteries, a move triggered by a story on Forbes' website.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 July, 2014 06:05
Mozilla has its hands in many projects aimed at advancing the Web. Here's our take on the 10 most promising
By Serdar Yegulalp | 18 July, 2014 07:50
Microsoft has managed to reverse years of sometimes-sharp decline in Internet Explorer's user share and revive interest in the browser it bundles with Windows.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 20:33
While Google's Chrome and Microsoft's IE10 and IE11 browsers will automatically update to the latest version of Adobe Flash, anyone using Safari, Firefox, Opera or older versions of IE must do so manually.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 July, 2014 06:25
Firefox's user share on all platforms -- desktop and mobile -- has plunged in the last two months as its desktop browser continued to bleed and efforts to capture users on smartphones fell short.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 July, 2014 22:53
Microsoft on Monday launched a developers' channel of Internet Explorer that will be regularly updated to give website and Web app designers and developers an early look at what the company plans with its browser.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 June, 2014 20:47
Mozilla has pulled a "Chrome" by adding a search box to the new tab page in Firefox 31, which is slated to ship in final form on July 22.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 June, 2014 21:40
Twitter took its browser-based TweetDeck service offline today for an hour as it wrestled with a vulnerability that criminals exploited to tweet script-filed messages to victims' feeds.
By Gregg Keizer | 12 June, 2014 04:26
This eBook can help fix issues with integration strategy and data collection by telling you what the problem is and how to fix it by achieving better decisions and instant action. • As budgets inevitably tighten, good companies lose their competitive edge • Event-driven integration future proofs your integration platform and lets you use your integration budget for innovation rather than maintenance • Business users and IT can solve problems by focusing on improving the availability of information with contextual, event-based data
- Facebook apologizes to LGBT community, clarifies names policy
- Windows 8 user share nose-dives in September
- Conservative group says 2.4 million opposed to net neutrality rules
- Xen Project discloses serious vulnerability that impacts virtualized servers
- FCC takes steps to make room for 'white spaces,' wireless microphones
- Expert: Basic hacks can compromise industrial control systems
- Activists push Facebook to abandon its real-names policy
- ARM builds an OS for the Internet of Things
- 3D vendor sells $1,500 part to make metal guns
- IT pros should pay attention to 'shadow IT,' Interop NY keynoters urge
- Don't laugh: Jimmy Kimmel Most Dangerous Cyber Celebrity of 2014
- After a long road to the server market, ARM CEO Segars looks ahead
- FCC: Some TV stations could earn huge dollars in spectrum auction
- Hurry! Wait! Go! Joomla stumbles with patch for serious vulnerability
- Microsoft weaves around Office bloat complaints with Sway authoring tool