Flemington - News, Features, and Slideshows
While Flemington punters won’t get access to Cisco’s Wi-Fi network until next year, Alcatel-Lucent has come to the party in 2012 with a pilot of seven 3G metro cells to extend the capacity of Telstra’s Next G track-side network.
By Hamish Barwick | 06 November, 2012 09:42
Punters keen to have a flutter at Flemington racecourse in Melbourne will be able to bet online and watch the race in HD on their smartphone within the arena when a Wi-Fi service is introduced by the Victorian Racing Club (VRC) next year.
By Hamish Barwick | 05 November, 2012 14:43
CEOs frequently face difficult decisions, but choosing a unified communications (UC) system that is simple to deploy, manage and use should not be one of them. This whitepaper details the benefits of a UC service for end-users, business decision makers and IT.
- Electoral commission cautions against rush to e-voting
- Google makes Hangouts more enterprise friendly
- Stanford surgical students set sights on Google Glass
- Data#3 acquires 42.5% share in Discovery Technology
- Cheers and jeers over anti-piracy laws
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Android grabs record 85 per cent smartphone share
- FCC chairman grills Verizon over data throttling
- Equity crowdfunding licence approved
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
- Senate committee: Mobile phone 'cramming' widespread, profits carriers
- Oracle-based system for US visas still glitchy after software update
- Countries don't own their Internet domains, ICANN says
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- Internet of Things devices contain high number of vulnerabilities, study finds