Flemington - News, Features, and Slideshows
While Flemington punters won’t get access to Cisco’s Wi-Fi network until next year, Alcatel-Lucent has come to the party in 2012 with a pilot of seven 3G metro cells to extend the capacity of Telstra’s Next G track-side network.
By Hamish Barwick | 06 November, 2012 09:42
Punters keen to have a flutter at Flemington racecourse in Melbourne will be able to bet online and watch the race in HD on their smartphone within the arena when a Wi-Fi service is introduced by the Victorian Racing Club (VRC) next year.
By Hamish Barwick | 05 November, 2012 14:43
Making a business case for network and application performance improvement. Download today
- US targets mobile operator for deceptive data promises
- Symantec A/NZ boss Brenton Smith quits
- Boosted by iPhone 6 sales, Apple ties with Samsung for top smartphone rank
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Google backs Singularity Uni to allow students outside US to study for free
- New Chrome extension spots unencrypted tracking
- Silk Road dealer found a hungry market for mail order drugs
- Data retention: Industry uncertainty dismissed as 'hearsay'
- Oracle Service Cloud gets more social
- Hybrid cloud demand driving Australian data centre market: Equinix
- Qualcomm's Snapdragon woes mount as a 'major customer' defects
- BlackBerry Classic unlikely to make 'momentous shock' to market, says analyst
- Facebook reports strong Q4 as mobile ad sales keep growing
- Apple defies law of large numbers by booking bang-up iPhone sales
- Cyberthreat sharing must include strong privacy protections, advocates say