flickr - News, Features, and Slideshows
flickr in pictures
With information besieging users from all sides and ending up archived -- or not -- in email, cloud storage or simply lurking in social media streams, keeping everything organized can be a chore. A service now out of beta from the co-founder of Flickr claims to have a better way.
By Zach Miners | 12 February, 2014 21:57
Spy agencies including the U.S. National Security Agency have been working together to extract personal information, including location data and address books, from mobile apps as part of a globe-spanning effort to thwart terrorist plots, according to newly disclosed documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
By Zach Miners | 27 January, 2014 18:55
NASA used 141 wide-angle images to create a panoramic view of Saturn, its moons and rings -- and with Earth in the background.
By Sharon Gaudin | 13 November, 2013 18:23
Google has rolled out a limited test of a new banner ad for Southwest Airlines that will display atop the results page for queries about that company, contradicting a long-standing pledge to never run such advertising.
By Jon Gold and Sharon Gaudin | 24 October, 2013 19:08
These tech giants had a valuable market locked down. Then they screwed up.
By Josh Fruhlinger | 05 September, 2013 08:33
Mobile computing is no longer a “fad”—recent ESG research data shows that 87% of enterprise organisations say mobile computing is either “critical” or “very important” for supporting business processes and employee productivity. In fact, ESG research indicates that 42% of enterprises are actively developing a significant number of mobile applications themselves. Report the full report today.
- Turn your whistling into song with the tap of an app
- PayPal’s BattleHack comes to Australia for a second time
- VPN providers play 'cat-and-mouse' with China's growing censorship
- Data retention inquiry kept in the dark on costs
- A look at real-time brain-to-exoskeleton information transmission
- Facebook tests delivering tips about your location
- How three small credit card transactions could reveal your identity
- Data retention to involve 'petabytes of data' for Vodafone
- Citrix's 900 job cuts seen as 'defensive' move
- Amazon returns to profit as holiday sales soar
- Uber passenger who alleged Delhi rape sues in US
- Microsoft said to invest in Android maker Cyanogen
- Reddit handed over user info for 58% of government requests
- Google misses with Q4 sales and earnings
- Feds go after operator of revenge porn site