foxtel - News, Features, and Slideshows
The government’s so-called ‘Netflix tax’, details of which were revealed yesterday by Treasurer Joe Hockey, will bring in $350 million of additional GST revenue to the states and territories over forward estimates period covered by tonight’s budget.
By Rohan Pearce | 12 May, 2015 20:49
Foxtel wants to expand a proposed law that will force Internet service providers to block subscriber access to pirate websites.
By Rohan Pearce | 29 April, 2015 10:20
Telstra’s stake in the Foxtel pay television network has been a major inhibitor to the growth of broadband in Australia according to John Porter, CEO at pay television provider Austar.
By Tim Lohman | 03 August, 2009 12:13
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
More and more government agencies are turning to a BYOD strategy. While this can make more transactions mobile and potentially decrease IT costs, they may also make the agency vulnerable to security breaches. •One of the biggest threats is social engineering, a process by which an adversary tricks the user into offering up information or access rights. •While there are several types of social engineering to be on the lookout for, there are three dominant attacks to watch •As agencies debate expanded device and data management policies, creating a divide between personal and professional content is essential
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- DHS data centre consolidation almost completed
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- In Pictures: The 8 things we’re looking for at Google I/O 2015
- In Pictures: Hot stuff - The coolest drones
- Hacked Adult Friend Finder database offered for $17,000
- Design thinking, agile development at heart of building control system
- CSIRO opens $6m metal 3D printing centre
- Telstra, Racing Victoria sign 10-year partnership
- Apple to wind back the clock to '09 with focus on quality, not features, in next OS X
- US Senate blocks NSA surveillance reform bill
- Amazon rules Gartner's magical box
- Google gives Android developers new tools for tracking app performance