freemium - News, Features, and Slideshows
With cybercrime hitting more than 500 million victims globally and costing $100 billion annually, it's clear that security breaches are a problem very far from being solved. One particularly dangerous threat that doesn't seem to be getting its fair share of attention is zero-day attacks.
By Dirk A. D. Smith | 19 August, 2013 12:00
As enterprises implement BYOD initiatives, IT managers have some key decisions to make: who purchases the devices, who pays for data plans and carrier contracts, and how does the company manage a mix of corporate and personal access to data on the devices.
By John S. Webster | 17 June, 2013 13:47
According to the IT industry trade association CompTIA, "over 80% of companies now claim to use some form of cloud solution, whether that be virtual machines that can be spun up on demand or applications that can be easily procured and put into use."
By James Careless | 14 June, 2013 14:58
Bringing mobility to the enterprise is like wrestling with an octopus. Here's how Electronic Arts, Case Western University and Needham Bank are taming the beast.
By Howard Baldwin | 12 September, 2013 14:37
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
How do you ensure you are choosing the right threat intelligence solution for your organization? The recent Forrester Research, Inc. report, “Use Actionable Threat Intelligence to Protect Your Digital Business,” describes the characteristics of effective threat intelligence and what to look for in a threat intelligence vendor (August 2014).
- Australia's digital competitiveness climbing, says WEF
- Tasmanian local council heading to the cloud
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thousands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too