freemium - News, Features, and Slideshows
With cybercrime hitting more than 500 million victims globally and costing $100 billion annually, it's clear that security breaches are a problem very far from being solved. One particularly dangerous threat that doesn't seem to be getting its fair share of attention is zero-day attacks.
By Dirk A. D. Smith | 19 August, 2013 12:00
As enterprises implement BYOD initiatives, IT managers have some key decisions to make: who purchases the devices, who pays for data plans and carrier contracts, and how does the company manage a mix of corporate and personal access to data on the devices.
By John S. Webster | 17 June, 2013 13:47
According to the IT industry trade association CompTIA, "over 80% of companies now claim to use some form of cloud solution, whether that be virtual machines that can be spun up on demand or applications that can be easily procured and put into use."
By James Careless | 14 June, 2013 14:58
Bringing mobility to the enterprise is like wrestling with an octopus. Here's how Electronic Arts, Case Western University and Needham Bank are taming the beast.
By Howard Baldwin | 12 September, 2013 14:37
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Application delivery controllers are essential to network uptime and performance. This whitepaper explores how to reduce TCO and improve efficiency by deploying ADCs in active-active clusters, and what appliances are best to support this activity.
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances