NBN Co has published details of suburbs set to receive fibre-to-the-node services as part of the company's test deployment of FTTN technology.
FTTN - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Senate committee overseeing the National Broadband Network has drilled NBN Co about a disputed report that claimed great cost reductions to rolling out fibre to the premise (FTTP).
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
An agreement between Telstra and NBN Co for a 1000-node deployment of fibre-to-the-node technology will "deliver valuable insights into how to build a sustainable and consistent program of work that allows the industry to ramp up and deploy the FTTN element of the NBN at scale," according to NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow.
NBN Co and Telstra have signed a deal to undertake a fibre-to-the-node trial.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Check your Future Risk
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!