FTTN - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Senate committee overseeing the National Broadband Network has drilled NBN Co about a disputed report that claimed great cost reductions to rolling out fibre to the premise (FTTP).
By Adam Bender | 26 September, 2014 13:03
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
By Adam Bender | 10 July, 2014 09:37
An agreement between Telstra and NBN Co for a 1000-node deployment of fibre-to-the-node technology will "deliver valuable insights into how to build a sustainable and consistent program of work that allows the industry to ramp up and deploy the FTTN element of the NBN at scale," according to NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow.
By Rohan Pearce | 26 June, 2014 15:24
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thosands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC