FTTN - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Senate committee overseeing the National Broadband Network has drilled NBN Co about a disputed report that claimed great cost reductions to rolling out fibre to the premise (FTTP).
By Adam Bender | 26 September, 2014 13:03
Bell Labs, the research arm of networking company Alcatel-Lucent, has achieved broadband speeds of 10 gigabits per second over copper phone lines, setting a new record. The test demonstrates how existing copper networks can be used to deliver 1Gbps symmetrical broadband, according to Alcatel-Lucent.
By Adam Bender | 10 July, 2014 09:37
An agreement between Telstra and NBN Co for a 1000-node deployment of fibre-to-the-node technology will "deliver valuable insights into how to build a sustainable and consistent program of work that allows the industry to ramp up and deploy the FTTN element of the NBN at scale," according to NBN Co CEO Bill Morrow.
By Rohan Pearce | 26 June, 2014 15:24
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Making a business case for network and application performance improvement. Download today
- MYOB's engineers speed innovation with microservices
- ATM skimmers strike in Queensland
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- A/NZ telcos to build $86.3 million trans-Tasman submarine cable
- 'Managed cloud' a return to Rackspace's roots, says CTO
- IBM pushes hard into the enterprise cloud
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Human error root cause of November Microsoft Azure outage
- Uber envisions a safer ride in 2015
- Obama pushes for net neutrality, opposes data localization in trade pact
- The party's over for Microsoft CEO Nadella
- Microsoft and IBM keep the pressure on Amazon's cloud
- Cloud provider pits 6TB hard drives in real-world face off
- 4 top Android Wear watches: A hands-on guide
- Chinese Android phone maker hides secret backdoor on its devices