gadgets - News, Features, and Slideshows
gadgets in pictures
Logitech today expanded its offerings in the videoconferencing/collaboration space with the launch of its <strong>ConferenceCam Connect</strong> device ($499.99). Combining an HD 1080p video camera with dual microphones and a speakerphone for 360-degree audio, the ConferenceCam Connect is aimed at small workgroup collaboration settings (up to six people). The device sits between the entry-level BCC950 unit ($249.99) and the upper-end ConferenceCam CC3000e ($999.99).
By Keith Shaw | 26 January, 2015 20:04
At the CE Week New York event today, Netgear announced its new Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (model R8000), featuring 802.11ac wireless connectivity and using Broadcom's new 5G Wi-Fi Xstream platform. The $300 device is now available for pre-order online, with availability expected later this year.
By Keith Shaw | 26 June, 2014 06:35
The temperatures were hovering near 80, but there definitely was a "Christmas in June" vibe at last night's Digital Experience in New York, sponsored by Pepcom. More than 50 companies were showing off their latest digital products to the press, hoping to get some additional eyeballs and coverage as we start preparing the end-of-year gift guides and other such features. The event was also a prelude to next week's CE Week in New York, in which we'll see even more gadgets and gizmos.
By Keith Shaw | 21 June, 2014 03:46
The Motorola Xoom was the most advanced tablet that we got to try out at Mobile World Congress. Other tablets, including the HTC Flyer, certainly look promising, but the Xoom is the launch device for the Google Android Honeycomb OS - the version of Android developed specifically for tablets - and the devices on show at MWC were fully working ones used for live demonstrations.
By Rosemary Hattersley | 20 February, 2011 02:59
As Mobile World Congress 2011 draws to a close, it's time to take stock of the plethora of smartphones and tablet PCs we saw for the first time. Tomorrow, we'll bring you the best tablet PCs of MWC 2011, but here, in no particular order, are smartphones that stood out at MWC 2011. Sadly, they didn't include a Facebook phone or an iPhone nano - but when and if such things exist, you'll read it here first.
By Matt Egan | 18 February, 2011 05:31
The BlackBerry PlayBook is nearing its final build with fully working tablets on public show at Mobile World Congress and one stand representative going so far as to refer to a PlayBook as "my own". All that's left, we're told, is battery optimisation - something that's actively being worked on.
By Rosemary Hattersley | 15 February, 2011 06:01
With the past week being dominated by CES announcements, it can be pretty hard to keep up with what was happening outside of Vegas. Worry not! GeekTech brings you the condensed guide of what else has been going on in the world of geek.
By Elizabeth Fish | 11 January, 2011 01:37
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
This e-book gives insight into what it means to use a hybrid approach to cloud computing and the flexibility and choice that it provides. You will discover the type of technologies and approaches that are imperative for your organisation to create the business value and flexibility the constituents you serve demand.
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs