Game platforms - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft's Xbox One is poised to be the first foreign game console to debut in China, but as the local pricing was announced on Wednesday -- $200 more than in the U.S. -- would-be customers made their displeasure known online.
By Michael Kan | 31 July, 2014 21:37
Sales of Xbox One gaming consoles more than doubled in the U.S. last month because of the introduction of a cheaper version of the console that doesn't include the Kinect motion sensor.
By Loek Essers | 17 July, 2014 18:47
Sony is preparing to sell its PlayStation in China, joining Microsoft to compete in the country's fledgling gaming console market.
By Michael Kan | 26 May, 2014 13:04
For years, using voice recognition technology on phones or other devices has been a novelty -- something people try once but never again, usually because it works so poorly. But recent developments, including harnessing the computational power of the cloud, have made it more usable and will make it even better in the near future, according to Microsoft.
By Nancy Gohring | 14 December, 2010 06:43
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a proof-of-concept video Wednesday night showing the Kinect interfacing with his Linux-based laptop.
By Ian Paul | 13 November, 2010 02:06
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- ASIC opens up (some) data
- Australian startup snapshot: Bugwolf
- Nvidia pumps more horsepower into flagship graphics chips
- Apple reports bump in data requests from Australian police
- Victorian government bears brunt of privacy complaints: report
- Telcos, ACCAN support text messages to Triple Zero
- CloudFlare can provide its caching service without your SSL keys
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
- AUSTRAC upgrades data capture systems to track terrorism financing
- Queensland speed cameras to get digital upgrade
- Larry Ellison's best zingers: a look back
- Samsung drops Knox prices and introduces Knox user portal
- Mysterious entity acquires TwitPic, saving it from death
- Report: Bad communication among defense agencies makes China hacks more dangerous
- Alibaba's IPO could be 'open sesame' for global expansion