game software - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has agreed to buy Mojang, the Swedish developer of the Minecraft PC and console game, for US$2.5 billion, the companies announced Monday.
By Peter Sayer | 15 September, 2014 23:21
Satya Nadella could be gearing for his first big acquisition as Microsoft CEO: the company is close to buying the maker of the game Minecraft for more than $2 billion, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal Tuesday.
By James Niccolai | 10 September, 2014 09:03
By Joab Jackson | 21 May, 2014 06:57
Microsoft is bringing its Xbox One to China this September after the nation recently ended a ban on foreign-made video game consoles.
By Michael Kan | 30 April, 2014 15:10
Mark Pincus, who founded Zynga in 2007 and gave up his CEO title less than a year ago, is now giving up all his operational duties at the company.
By Zach Miners | 24 April, 2014 10:08
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- Simpler M2M connectivity promised as Sierra Wireless buys Swedish company
- Cybercrime group steals millions from Russian banks, targets US and European retailers
- Apple reopens Russian online store after boosting iPhone 6 price by 35%
- Oracle hopes to better target online advertising with Datalogix acquisition
- ChatOn closure highlights Samsung's app, services woes
- Google wants to turn browser signals of Web encryption upside down
- Exploits for dangerous network time protocol vulnerabilities can compromise systems
- Texas Instruments builds an alternative energy for the Internet of Things
- Google Android One phones to sell in three more Asian countries
- Tor warns of possible disruption of network through server seizures
- Sony looking for ways to distribute 'The Interview' online
- Sony hack was 'cyber vandalism,' not act of war, says Obama
- US rejects North Korea offer to investigate Sony hack, reaches out to China
- North Korea wants joint probe into Sony hack, warns of consequences if not
- Staples says hack may have compromised 1 million-plus payment cards