game software - News, Features, and Slideshows
Microsoft has agreed to buy Mojang, the Swedish developer of the Minecraft PC and console game, for US$2.5 billion, the companies announced Monday.
By Peter Sayer | 15 September, 2014 23:21
Satya Nadella could be gearing for his first big acquisition as Microsoft CEO: the company is close to buying the maker of the game Minecraft for more than $2 billion, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal Tuesday.
By James Niccolai | 10 September, 2014 09:03
By Joab Jackson | 21 May, 2014 06:57
Microsoft is bringing its Xbox One to China this September after the nation recently ended a ban on foreign-made video game consoles.
By Michael Kan | 30 April, 2014 15:10
Mark Pincus, who founded Zynga in 2007 and gave up his CEO title less than a year ago, is now giving up all his operational duties at the company.
By Zach Miners | 24 April, 2014 10:08
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Woolworths to resell services on Telstra's network
- After medical marijuana, Sidecar eyes alcohol and pharmaceuticals
- CA gets 'agile' with $US480 million purchase of Rally
- The cost of a data breach has jumped 23 per cent in two years
- GM to offer both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto on most vehicles
- Judge classifies as class action an email scanning lawsuit against Yahoo
- IBM Watson gets smart in the oil refinery business
- Apple recovers top 'brand value' spot from Google with $247B assessment
- Chip maker Avago may be close to buying Broadcom
- New FCC rules would crack down on spam texts, unwanted calls
- Box wins DoJ contract in latest federal coup
- Does he stay or go? Parsing Apple's promotion of designer Jony Ive
- AdBlock Plus again declared legal by a German court
- Senate to return early to debate phone dragnet