Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Samsung remains the top smartphone vendor worldwide, followed by Apple.
By Agam Shah | 18 November, 2015 20:46
Microsoft's Windows will become a third-place operating system by 2017, research firm Gartner said. By then, Apple's combination of iOS and OS X will have slipped by Windows on the number of devices shipped during the year.
By Gregg Keizer | 30 September, 2015 23:15
<a href="http://www.microsoft.com">Microsoft</a> has done a good job rolling out <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features">Windows 10</a> in the first two weeks, analysts said today, and the general vibe for Windows 8's replacement has been positive, even though glitches have dampened some enthusiasm.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 August, 2015 04:28
Next-generation endpoint protection vendor SentinelOne has received the same certification that many traditional antivirus platforms seek, meaning it can be considered suitable for meeting certain requirements of industry and governmental regulations.
By Tim Greene | 31 July, 2015 02:14
Motorola announced three new Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) phones on Tuesday, including a high-end model that will be sold this fall in the U.S. as the Moto X Style Pure Edition, starting at the low price of $400 unlocked.
By Matt Hamblen | 29 July, 2015 02:43
Microsoft's Windows 10 will not have a fragmentation problem, analysts argued, even though its rapid development tempo and a host of update cadences will spin off so many versions that not everyone will be running the same code, or even have the same features, at any one time.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 July, 2015 22:04
Cybersecurity firm <a href="http://www.fortinet.com/press_releases/2015/fortinet-announces-agreement-to-acquire-meru-networks.html">Fortinet's purchase last week of wireless network manufacturer Meru Networks</a> for $44 million is the second major acquisition of a Wi-Fi hardware vendor in three months and, potentially, the start of a broader pattern.
By Jon Gold | 05 June, 2015 06:14
Google is expected to reveal details about Android Pay at its annual I/O conference this week, even as Samsung readies its own separate mobile payment service.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 May, 2015 23:41
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Craig Stewart, Senior Director of Product Management, SnapLogic | 01 April, 2015 06:37
Microsoft's strategic shift to creating apps and services for rival operating systems was born from the hard realization that Windows' share of the total device market was in the middle of a three-year slump, according to new forecasts Thursday by research firm Gartner.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 March, 2015 01:53
Whitepapers about Gartner
For the eighteenth consecutive year, Check Point has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls1. Gartner evaluates each vendor’s Enterprise Network Firewall offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability to execute.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution Designer (SOA / Web-services)NSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data