Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Motorola announced three new Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) phones on Tuesday, including a high-end model that will be sold this fall in the U.S. as the Moto X Style Pure Edition, starting at the low price of $400 unlocked.
By Matt Hamblen | 29 July, 2015 02:43
Microsoft will provide feature and functionality updates and upgrades to Windows 10 for a full 10 years from the time the OS is purchased -- as part of a new device, for example -- an analyst briefed by the company said Tuesday.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 July, 2015 21:41
Choosing the right Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider is growing increasingly difficult in a highly competitive market. Here are the top IaaS players identified by Gartner and their recommended use cases.
By Thor Olavsrud | 15 July, 2015 08:59
Worldwide PC shipments in the second quarter of 2015 declined 11.8 percent compared to the same period a year ago, according to a report released by IDC on Thursday.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 10 July, 2015 11:19
Microsoft's Windows 10 will not have a fragmentation problem, analysts argued, even though its rapid development tempo and a host of update cadences will spin off so many versions that not everyone will be running the same code, or even have the same features, at any one time.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 July, 2015 22:04
Cybersecurity firm Fortinet's purchase last week of wireless network manufacturer Meru Networks for $44 million is the second major acquisition of a Wi-Fi hardware vendor in three months and, potentially, the start of a broader pattern.
By Jon Gold | 05 June, 2015 06:14
Google is expected to reveal details about Android Pay at its annual I/O conference this week, even as Samsung readies its own separate mobile payment service.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 May, 2015 23:41
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Craig Stewart, Senior Director of Product Management, SnapLogic | 01 April, 2015 06:37
Microsoft's strategic shift to creating apps and services for rival operating systems was born from the hard realization that Windows' share of the total device market was in the middle of a three-year slump, according to new forecasts Thursday by research firm Gartner.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 March, 2015 01:53
Whitepapers about Gartner
For the eighteenth consecutive year, Check Point has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls1. Gartner evaluates each vendor’s Enterprise Network Firewall offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability to execute.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Leading businesses are learning how to collaborate more effectively to drive business results.The evolution of the modern workforce is driven by necessity and opportunity. This whitepaper looks at insights on collaboration trends from forward-thinking analysts and business executives, the 5 main findings and predictions for the future of workplace collaboration and how companies can find real value in bringing the workforce together with meeting tools.
- Mimecast launches services from Australian data centres
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Fujitsu to spend $12.2m on West Sydney data centre upgrade
- 'Invisible' payments key to mobile success, says Braintree
- CommBank to pilot Offers app with Westfield
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
- Zuckerberg: Video today, virtual reality tomorrow
- Google wants order in uncontrolled airspace so its Wing drones can fly
- The US Navy is 3D-printing custom drones on its ships
- Adobe's new Digital Publishing suite puts the focus on mobile content
- Facebook revenue surges 39 per cent but costs also soar
- IBM aims new IoT community site at developers