Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Many workers use their personally owned smartphones and other computers for job tasks, but a new survey shows a big percentage are doing so without their employer's knowledge.
By Matt Hamblen | 22 October, 2014 05:34
Microsoft Monday doubled down on hybrid Clouds by unveiling an on-premises system that syncs up with Azure public cloud services.
By Brandon Butler | 21 October, 2014 08:35
Microsoft's job of moving its device needle from 14%, which its COO said this summer represents "a much bigger opportunity than we've ever had in the past," just got harder. Gartner today forecast that the company's share will be flat this year and climb only slightly in 2015.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 October, 2014 00:34
Microsoft has focused on how businesses will benefit from its next operating system, Windows 10, not only because corporate customers are its bread and butter, but to prevent consumers from balking at buying new PCs, an analyst said last week.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 October, 2014 22:01
Though it seems as if we're sourrounded by innovative products, services and technologies, there's a growing counter argument that we're living in a dismal era. Science is hated. Real technological progress has stalled. And what we call innovation today really isn't very innovative.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 09 October, 2014 04:46
When evaluating the marketplaces of the big three public IaaS cloud providers - Amazon Web Services, Google and Microsoft - AWS stands out in terms of the maturity of its platform for partners to offer products and services on top of its cloud. But Microsoft, too, has a formidable partner program that could rival Amazon's in the future, analysts predict.
By Brandon Butler | 08 October, 2014 21:06
Managing the wireless environment at the average college or university can be a difficult task at the best of times, and when students and staff start using personal hotspots the sort that provide wireless data access from the same -- it's not the best of times.
By Jon Gold | 08 October, 2014 03:16
Today many IT executives choose open source over proprietary software for everything from cloud computing to facilitating teamwork among remote workers. Open source increases security and privacy, encourages an engaged community and offers the ability to "look under the hood" to diagnose and resolve issues quickly.
By Rob Howard | 06 September, 2014 06:44
Whitepapers about Gartner
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
Security is an intrusive mechanism that is often seen to interfere with normal business operations. Nonetheless, security is essential to the normal operation of the business, and the right security mechanisms and approaches can minimize performance degradation.
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- Monumental day for Wikipedia in Poland
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- IBM's chip business sale gets national security scrutiny
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
- Chicago takes top spot in mobile performance ranking
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement