Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Server shipments and revenue grew for the first time since 2011 in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, a trend likely to continue in the second half of the year, according Gartner.
By Loek Essers | 27 August, 2014 22:59
Sales of Chromebooks, the low-cost, simple-to-use notebooks, will reach more than 5 million this year, accounting for about 2 per cent of all personal computers, according to Gartner.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 August, 2014 03:57
Even as enterprises try to get rid of their last Windows XP machines, Gartner analysts are urging them to start planning for the end of Windows 7.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 August, 2014 03:02
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
By Nancy Gohring | 11 June, 2014 21:06
Google, according to industry analysts, is positioning itself to take on Amazon's dominance as a cloud provider. While it's lagging today, Google could catch Amazon and some day supplant its top position in the cloud.
By Sharon Gaudin | 29 April, 2014 20:36
Whitepapers about Gartner
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
EMC’s comprehensive flash strategy. This ESG White Paper was commissioned by EMC and is distributed under license from ESG.
- Bill shock measures extended to all telcos
- Warrantless requests for customer data dominate in Telstra Transparency Report
- Eftpos' online play moves closer with Coles trial
- Honda Australia uses automation to accelerate PC patching
- Smart city apps to alleviate Melbourne’s infrastructure problems
- Senate backs ads for Bureau of Meteorology site
- NZ’s AO Cloud to expand into two Australian data centres
- SuperPartners uses virtualization to conduct systems testing
- As tablet growth slows, Apple may face a year-long iPad sales contraction
- Backoff malware infections are more widespread than thought
- IBM Watson cooks up some new dishes
- Apple will keep pushing for a sales ban on Samsung products
- Facebook testing mobile searches for old posts
- US appeals court denies Oracle request to restore $1.3 billion judgment against SAP
- Scientists create one robot brain to rule them all