Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Gartner is forecasting Australian IT spending to grow 2.1 per cent this year, reaching $78.1 billion.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 July, 2015 13:53
Worldwide IT spending is expected to decline by 5.5 percent this year, with enterprises benefitting from lower prices on communications and IT services but also having to pay higher hardware prices in some parts of the world.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 30 June, 2015 21:12
Windows 10's launch is less than six weeks away, but questions -- lots of questions -- still remain about the new operating system, from when it will be taken to the bosom of enterprise to whether some of Microsoft's moves leading up to it were premeditated.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 June, 2015 00:49
With Windows 10 about to ship and Windows 8 largely panned, it's not a surprise that Gartner has recommended that enterprises skip the latter and migrate directly to the former from Windows 7.
By Gregg Keizer | 19 June, 2015 03:34
Cybersecurity firm Fortinet's purchase last week of wireless network manufacturer Meru Networks for $44 million is the second major acquisition of a Wi-Fi hardware vendor in three months and, potentially, the start of a broader pattern.
By Jon Gold | 05 June, 2015 06:14
Google is expected to reveal details about Android Pay at its annual I/O conference this week, even as Samsung readies its own separate mobile payment service.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 May, 2015 23:41
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By By Craig Stewart, Senior Director of Product Management, SnapLogic | 01 April, 2015 06:37
Microsoft's strategic shift to creating apps and services for rival operating systems was born from the hard realization that Windows' share of the total device market was in the middle of a three-year slump, according to new forecasts Thursday by research firm Gartner.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 March, 2015 01:53
Gartner IaaS research director, Kyle Hilgendorf, says one of the most common questions he gets from enterprise customers looking to go to the Cloud is: AWS or Azure?
By Brandon Butler | 20 November, 2014 22:05
Whitepapers about Gartner
For the eighteenth consecutive year, Check Point has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls1. Gartner evaluates each vendor’s Enterprise Network Firewall offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability to execute.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
According to IDC, sixty percent (60%) of business critical information is now stored, sometimes exclusively, in email. It۪s more important than ever to establish an email archiving strategy that ensures business continuity and information availability. Modern email archiving solutions are changing to accommodate the new realities of the digital workplace and can intelligently store, manage and discover email content to meet business and compliance requirements. Read this paper to learn how to solve your top email challenges.
- Sencha's new framework helps enterprises build Web apps for all devices
- Hacktivist group possibly compromised hundreds of websites
- Salesforce sweetens the deal for growing SMBs with new Desk.com edition
- One third of enterprise iOS devices vulnerable to app, data hijacking attacks
- Austrian court dismisses class action suit against Facebook
- Skype for Business preview adds support for massive meetings, cloud-based phone administration
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 1
- Latest Windows 10 SDK preview helps developers build cooler photo apps
- China tightens grip over the Internet with new security law
- Leap second causes Internet hiccup, particularly in Brazil
- Sony launches crowdfunding site, e-paper remote control
- Bauer Media chooses Dropbox for collaboration
- Australian IT spending to reach $78.1 billion in 2015: Gartner
- Xiaomi break outs of Asia, introduces phones to Brazil
- VMware settles claim of overcharging US government