Gartner - News, Features, and Slideshows
Gartner in pictures
Look for Apple to "set the world on fire" later this year with huge sales of the next iPhone.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 July, 2014 05:15
Identity and access management vendor Ping Identity today unveiled software-based multi-factor authentication that lets users to sign onto an enterprise service or system with a swipe of their smartphone.
By Ellen Messmer | 22 July, 2014 00:55
The IBM-Apple partnership resonates with enterprise IBM user Roxanne Reynolds-Lair, CIO at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 17 July, 2014 21:18
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
By Nancy Gohring | 11 June, 2014 21:06
Google, according to industry analysts, is positioning itself to take on Amazon's dominance as a cloud provider. While it's lagging today, Google could catch Amazon and some day supplant its top position in the cloud.
By Sharon Gaudin | 29 April, 2014 20:36
Microsoft's new updating "normal" for Windows -- a faster-paced tempo that demands customers apply releases within weeks -- is a first step in moving the OS to a services-style model. But companies may be leery of the change.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 April, 2014 06:27
Whitepapers about Gartner
With so many Information Technology solutions available to choose from today, many organizations put their trust in the experience, insight and advice of Gartner, and their industry-leading analysts. Trend Micro’s portfolio of solutions meets and exceeds Gartner’s recommendations on how to devise a server protection strategy. Precisely how Trend Micro does it is detailed in this whitepaper. Read now.
Business executives are challenging their IT staffs to convert data centres from cost centres into producers of business value. This paper demonstrates, through a series of examples, how data centre infrastructure management software tools can simplify operational processes, cut costs, and speed up information delivery. · Data centres can make a significant impact to the bottom line by enabling the business to respond more quickly to market demands · The systems which allow management to leverage real savings consist of modern data centre physical infrastructure (i.e., power and cooling) management software tools · Some data centre operators do not use any physical infrastructure management tools. This can be risky
- 3 Australian firms targeted in APT campaign: report
- Telstra reveals private cloud offering
- Local tech sector outpacing US, UK: report
- ACCC mulls new pricing for SMS, voice calls
- Woolworths sees future in hybrid cloud
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Airport stopover, multi-platform publishing apps Aussie winners in Talent Unleashed Awards
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Authors beware: computers can write fables
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?
- Most USB thumb drives can be reprogrammed to silently infect computers
- Windows Server 2003 support expiration could push sales next year