Gigi Sohn - News, Features, and Slideshows
A flood of Internet users and net neutrality advocates called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to enact strong net neutrality rules, with many participants in an agency-sponsored Twitter chat Tuesday advocating utility-style regulations for broadband providers.
By Grant Gross | 14 May, 2014 06:16
U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
By Grant Gross | 16 November, 2011 06:59
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
By Grant Gross | 28 October, 2011 05:47
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) both applauded the signing of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) by representatives of the U.S., Japan, and six other governments in Toyko on Saturday.
By Grant Gross | 04 October, 2011 06:12
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
This whitepaper looks into one of Australia’s largest engineering, contracting and service organisations and why they have chosen to adopt VDI, their goals and achievements since implementation. •Provides advice to technology leaders considering their own workplace strategy and/or evaluating VDI •Major benefits found in cost management through the centralisation of infrastructure •Productivity and employee engagement increased through more efficient mobilisation of over 20 processes
- Google's Project Loon close to launching thosands of balloons
- Shape-shifting robot reveals secrets of Fukushima reactor
- FCC faces seventh net neutrality lawsuit
- Next on the Office expansion list: Windows 10 phone apps
- Why investors are so excited about Slack
- First Apple Watch health IT apps bring important messages to the wrist
- Insurance company now offers discounts -- if you let it track your Fitbit
- Apple's 12-inch MacBook can use third-party USB Type-C cables
- Gurucul identifies cloud threats based on identity, behaviors
- Microsoft shows impressively accurate hand-tracking system for VR
- Docker update speeds and organizes container deployments
- Facebook tries to keep it real by killing more 'fake' likes
- Feds lay down social media rules; enterprises should, too
- Should computers determine how our kids learn to talk? Maybe not
- Keep Windows 10 preview up to date -- or face a dead PC