Gigi Sohn - News, Features, and Slideshows
A flood of Internet users and net neutrality advocates called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to enact strong net neutrality rules, with many participants in an agency-sponsored Twitter chat Tuesday advocating utility-style regulations for broadband providers.
By Grant Gross | 14 May, 2014 06:16
U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
By Grant Gross | 16 November, 2011 06:59
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
By Grant Gross | 28 October, 2011 05:47
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) both applauded the signing of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) by representatives of the U.S., Japan, and six other governments in Toyko on Saturday.
By Grant Gross | 04 October, 2011 06:12
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
- Queensland Ambulance Service invites offers for iOS report form
- ABS develops Web service for users to create own population clock
- Rogue employees using photocopiers and email services to steal data
- Connected home brings new revenue opportunity for telcos: Ovum
- Melbourne recruitment firm fined $11k for Office 2007 piracy
- Blow up your website and start over
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Telstra unveils interoperable videoconferencing service
- Apple will 'set the world on fire' with iPhone 6 sales
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- A new tool for disasters: The personal antenna
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Apple hasn't exhausted its supply of Yosemite betas
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents