Gigi Sohn - News, Features, and Slideshows
A flood of Internet users and net neutrality advocates called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to enact strong net neutrality rules, with many participants in an agency-sponsored Twitter chat Tuesday advocating utility-style regulations for broadband providers.
By Grant Gross | 14 May, 2014 06:16
U.S. lawmakers opposed to a controversial copyright enforcement bill scheduled for a hearing Wednesday are working on alternative legislation that would be more narrowly focused on infringing websites, two opponents of the bill said.
By Grant Gross | 16 November, 2011 06:59
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to overhaul a decades-old system of telephone subsidies in rural areas, with the funding refocused on broadband deployment.
By Grant Gross | 28 October, 2011 05:47
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA) both applauded the signing of the controversial Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) by representatives of the U.S., Japan, and six other governments in Toyko on Saturday.
By Grant Gross | 04 October, 2011 06:12
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for compromises on a handful of issues.
By Grant Gross | 07 November, 2012 19:06
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
A healthcare organization’s small application management staff must ensure high availability and fast delivery of thousands of critical administrative and clinical applications. See what they did to meet those goals.
- Apple's OS X Yosemite gets big start thanks to public beta
- Is Microsoft right -- does Cortana cleans Siri's clock?
- Are your calls being intercepted? 17 fake cell towers discovered in one month
- NIST issues Best Practices on how to best use Secure Shell software
- Germany's IFA show, debut ground for numerous new products, hits 90 years old
- Amid dueling lawsuits, state needs Oracle's help with health-insurance site transition
- First mobile device with MIPS 64-bit processor coming in 2016
- Four smartphone OSs fighting for survival
- AMD's new eight-core FX chips based on aging Piledriver architecture
- Uber vows to defy German ban on its UberPop ride-sharing service
- In earthquakes, alerts may turn machines into action heroes
- Should you buy enterprise applications from a startup?
- Microsoft's Australian Azure region 'just around the corner'
- Healthdirect Australia sees value in open source for security solution
- Namecheap says accounts compromised in hacking incident