Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Good Technology - News, Features, and Slideshows
While the United States unemployment rate has hit a post-recession low, the network and computing industry has not been without significant layoffs so far in 2015.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
Apple's iOS mobile platform gained user share in security-conscious businesses late in 2014, taking it away from Google's Android platform, thanks to the introduction of the iPhone 6 smartphone, according to a survey of its enterprise customers by mobile security vendor Good Technology.
Samsung Electronics and Good Technology hope to convince more enterprises to use Android-based smartphones and tablets, with the help of a joint offering designed to protect the OS, applications and data.
After encountering problems last year selling its newest smartphones, BlackBerry has shifted to a stronger focus on the enterprise, especially through distribution of its BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 mobility management client software.
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Check your Future Risk
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- How to Use Metadata to Make Data-Driven Decisions - Download NOW!
- Harnessing the Power of Metadata for Security: FIND OUT MORE
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- The Future is Encrypted. What's your defense?