Google Android - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google Android in pictures
Devices running Google's Android operating system have dethroned Apple's iPhones and iPads as the biggest drivers of worldwide mobile ad traffic, according to a new study from Opera Mediaworks.
By Jon Gold | 23 April, 2014 03:12
Smartphone ads, thus far, have tended to follow a few fairly standard blueprints – there's the high-concept ad, full of pretty pictures and pompous voice-over about "simplifying everything" or whatever the slogan du jour is. Then there's the hater ad, where the company indirectly but obviously makes fun of a chief competitor. And there's the shock-and-awe ad, where they just can't fully express to you how amazing the phone is.
By Jon Gold | 12 July, 2013 00:36
The latest major version of Android, known as Jelly Bean, is now the most widely used variant of the platform, according to new statistics from Google.
By Jon Gold | 09 July, 2013 21:20
Apple's iOS is closing the gap on rival Android in the US market, according to new statistics released today by Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, which says that the three months that ended in May 2013 saw iOS' share of the American smartphone market grow by 3.5 per cent.
By Jon Gold | 08 July, 2013 17:13
Google's Android operating system is riding a wave of popularity that has rapidly eclipsed Apple's iOS, and by the end of 2010 it's expected to overtake RIM's BlackBerry as the world's leading smartphone platform. However, despite the relative openness and flexibility of the OS, your Android phone still isn't as powerful and customizable as it could be. To unlock all of your phone's potential, you'll need to root it.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 15 September, 2010 23:15
Are you using your smartphone to its fullest? Probably not--smartphone owners typically push their devices up to only about half their potential. Here are 14 smartphone apps to help your Android handset, BlackBerry, or iPhone become all that it can be.
By Ian Paul | 13 May, 2010 00:08
Google Android is a great platform for mobile communications, but it's also designed from the ground up to offer a rich multimedia experience. Your Android device is jam-packed with features that let you manage and play your digital music in a variety of ways.
By Robert Strohmeyer | 06 May, 2010 00:30
It's official, and it's been official for a while -- Android is far and away the most popular smartphone OS in America. Ever since January 2011, when the platform surpassed RIM to take the top spot for the first time in comScore's monthly market share rankings, Google's operating system has continued to grow its user base, which accounts for 52% of the market as of this January.
By Jon Gold | 02 April, 2013 11:16
Sick of waiting for the Jelly Bean update for your Galaxy S III? We show you how to update manually with an easy, five-step guide.
By Ross Catanzariti | 26 October, 2012 16:11
Don't like your smartphones big? Then look away now. Samsung's Galaxy Note is the definition of big: it has a whopping 5.3in touchscreen that's a full inch bigger than the company's own Galaxy S II, and almost two inches bigger than the iPhone 4S.
By Ross Catanzariti | 01 November, 2011 12:38
It's finally here. Google and Samsung have jointly unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android phone, the first smartphone to run the latest 4.0 "Ice Cream Sandwich" version of Google's Android operating system. So, when can Aussies get their hands on it?
By Ross Catanzariti | 20 October, 2011 10:42
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
An enterprise resource planning (ERP) software solution provides the ability to access the right information, from the right source, at the right time, empowering all users throughout the supply chain. This report explains how your solution can identify the resources needed to capture, produce, ship, and account for customer orders, while supporting the various manufacturing processes.
- Microsoft updates Windows 10, debuts Project Spartan browser
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program in China could boost sales
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- MYOB signals intention to re-list on ASX in May
- ACCC not sold on all Harper review recommendations
- Amid security controversy, NSW Electoral Commission heralds iVote usage
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- Banks must change for the digital age: Westpac
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
- CBA launches Android-based 'EFTPOS tablet' after delay
- Microsoft hosts Office 365 in Australia
- NBN Co launches FTTB offering
- Security snafu as G20 leaders' passport details leaked