Google Maps - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google Maps in pictures
Google may be attempting to snap up social mapping and traffic service Waze, despite long-standing rumors that Facebook is already in talks to buy the company for as much as $1 billion, according to a report from Bloomberg.
By Jon Gold | 24 May, 2013 18:12
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
By Jon Gold | 13 December, 2012 18:01
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
By Ian Paul | 31 January, 2011 13:54
You can bookmark a Gmail message, track stocks in Google's search box, quickly estimate a taxi ride's cost in Google Maps, and do much more. We tell you how.
By Zack Stern | 05 May, 2009 17:45
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
With some of the highest levels of social media penetration, mobile device ownership, and Internet connectivity in the world, Asian markets are ripe for more innovative and adept interactive engagement. In this study, we look at how marketers in the region express high hopes for digital, but hare held back with limited budgets and a region-wide lack of talent and training. Click for more
- China's Baidu shows off alternative to Google Glass, without optical display
- US court approves eBay settlement over no-hire agreement
- Perth engineering firm pays out $65k for Autodesk piracy
- Lenovo ups features in low-cost Android tablets with $199 Tab S8
- West Sydney school gets connected to improve student literacy
- Samsung acquires cloud printing company PrinterOn
- Jack Wayman, founder of CES trade show, dies at 92
- Latest Firefox version adds protection against rogue SSL certificates
- ALRC grapples with privacy in the drone and data era
- Australian MDM market to reach $51.6m by 2016: Frost & Sullivan
- Appeals court clears Yelp of claims that it fixed reviews
- NBN: Government seeks to smooth transition from copper
- Microsoft China uses 'Windows 9' as official name of next edition
- Google to build quantum computing processors
- Linux kernel developer arrested in Russia