Google Maps - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google Maps in pictures
Ex-Cisco engineer Brad Cooper, whose first-degree murder conviction for the 2008 strangulation slaying of his wife Nancy was overturned last year based on disputed Google Maps-related evidence, today pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
By Paul McNamara | 23 September, 2014 02:54
Google may be attempting to snap up social mapping and traffic service Waze, despite long-standing rumors that Facebook is already in talks to buy the company for as much as $1 billion, according to a report from Bloomberg.
By Jon Gold | 24 May, 2013 18:12
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
By Jon Gold | 13 December, 2012 18:01
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
By Ian Paul | 31 January, 2011 13:54
You can bookmark a Gmail message, track stocks in Google's search box, quickly estimate a taxi ride's cost in Google Maps, and do much more. We tell you how.
By Zack Stern | 05 May, 2009 17:45
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Communications service providers (CSPs) are struggling with an explosion of data traffic resulting from increased mobile usage, streaming video, resource-intensive over-thetop (OTT) applications, and smart device proliferation. At the same time, CSPs must deploy new network technologies and services to stay competitive and satisfy customers.
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories