Google Maps - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google Maps in pictures
Ex-Cisco engineer Brad Cooper, whose first-degree murder conviction for the 2008 strangulation slaying of his wife Nancy was overturned last year based on disputed Google Maps-related evidence, today pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.
By Paul McNamara | 23 September, 2014 02:54
Google may be attempting to snap up social mapping and traffic service Waze, despite long-standing rumors that Facebook is already in talks to buy the company for as much as $1 billion, according to a report from Bloomberg.
By Jon Gold | 24 May, 2013 18:12
Police officers in Colac, Australia are warning that relying on Google Maps may be endangering motorists in their jurisdiction, according to a report from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
By Jon Gold | 13 December, 2012 18:01
Low adoption and insufficient research has slowed the movement of Google Maps indoors, a Google software engineer said today at the Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation conference held at the University of New South Wales in Sydney.
By Adam Bender | 13 November, 2012 12:19
Looking for an apartment to rent or wondering what the latest global health crisis is? Look no further than Google Maps. Many professional and part-time map addicts have created useful Google Maps mashups that show you (in real time, or at least in near-real time) the latest information for a variety of subjects, including the latest happenings on Twitter, news from the Associated Press, and even the most recently reported UFO sightings. Check out these ten Google Maps mashups to be in the know before anybody else.
By Ian Paul | 31 January, 2011 13:54
You can bookmark a Gmail message, track stocks in Google's search box, quickly estimate a taxi ride's cost in Google Maps, and do much more. We tell you how.
By Zack Stern | 05 May, 2009 17:45
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
This eBook can help fix issues with integration strategy and data collection by telling you what the problem is and how to fix it by achieving better decisions and instant action. • As budgets inevitably tighten, good companies lose their competitive edge • Event-driven integration future proofs your integration platform and lets you use your integration budget for innovation rather than maintenance • Business users and IT can solve problems by focusing on improving the availability of information with contextual, event-based data
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- Monumental day for Wikipedia in Poland
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- IBM's chip business sale gets national security scrutiny
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
- Chicago takes top spot in mobile performance ranking
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement
- Twitter brings log-in via phone number to wider app landscape with 'Fabric' platform
- Attach Xbox One Kinect sensors to Windows tablets, PCs with adapter kit
- Cities hope to boost broadband with new coalition