google street view - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has dropped charges against Google related to the collection of Wi-Fi data by its Street View cars, noting the data collection may have been "inadvertent" rather than a deliberate privacy breach.
By Renai LeMay | 06 December, 2010 11:02
Five months after "mistakenly" collecting "fragmented" data from home networks via its Street View cars, Google has confirmed that private emails, Web addresses as well as passwords were among the data captured.
By Chloe Herrick | 25 October, 2010 12:12
The Spanish Data Protection Agency is preparing to fine Google over infractions against local data protection laws when it collected Wi-Fi data as part of its Street View service, it said in a statement on Monday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 20 October, 2010 00:35
South Korean police on Tuesday raided Google offices in an investigation of the company's Street View mapping project, the latest instance of a country scrutinizing the company's collection of Wi-Fi data
By Jeremy Kirk | 10 August, 2010 22:28
Google said on Friday it will resume collection of Street View images in four countries following the removal of Wi-Fi data collection equipment that thrust the company into the spotlight of data protection officials worldwide.
By Jeremy Kirk | 09 July, 2010 20:33
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Face it. Modern workers are addicted to mobile devices. Not just any vanilla corporate-issued devices, but our carefully selected and personalized expressions of ourselves: iPads®, iPhones®, Androids™ and whatever-comes-next. Many of us get to use our devices in the office. According to Gartner, “IT leaders have a positive view of BYOD”1, implying that this is now a mainstream model. In supporting employee devices, companies tend to exert either very little control, or a stifling amount of control. The approach taken depends on which community has the upper hand: the employees or IT.
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller
- Delve, Office Graph must transcend Office 365 to be revolutionary
- The 2014 Enterprise Architecture Awards
- iPhone 6 sales top 10M on opening weekend, 11% more than in '13
- EMC reportedly held merger talks with Hewlett-Packard
- How haptics will transform your gadgets
- Microsoft pushes back Xbox One release date in China
- Microsoft knocks iOS 8 install requirements, ups OneDrive free space
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Government to address startup issues after long wait
- Harper review recommends scrutiny of trade agreement IP clauses
- In Pictures: Meet the 12 wealthiest people in social media
- In Pictures: Eight is enough?