google street view - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has dropped charges against Google related to the collection of Wi-Fi data by its Street View cars, noting the data collection may have been "inadvertent" rather than a deliberate privacy breach.
By Renai LeMay | 06 December, 2010 11:02
Five months after "mistakenly" collecting "fragmented" data from home networks via its Street View cars, Google has confirmed that private emails, Web addresses as well as passwords were among the data captured.
By Chloe Herrick | 25 October, 2010 12:12
The Spanish Data Protection Agency is preparing to fine Google over infractions against local data protection laws when it collected Wi-Fi data as part of its Street View service, it said in a statement on Monday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 20 October, 2010 00:35
South Korean police on Tuesday raided Google offices in an investigation of the company's Street View mapping project, the latest instance of a country scrutinizing the company's collection of Wi-Fi data
By Jeremy Kirk | 10 August, 2010 22:28
Google said on Friday it will resume collection of Street View images in four countries following the removal of Wi-Fi data collection equipment that thrust the company into the spotlight of data protection officials worldwide.
By Jeremy Kirk | 09 July, 2010 20:33
This report encompasses how a UK entry-level company, Skyscape Cloud Services, secured government procurement framework status and won significant new business in just 10 months.
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- AT&T to get the M8 for Windows, too; it's not just Verizon
- R programming language gaining ground on traditional statistics packages
- How can the Internet have too many routes and not enough addresses?
- OnBeep developing walkie-talkie type wearable for mobile devices
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G