google street view - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) has dropped charges against Google related to the collection of Wi-Fi data by its Street View cars, noting the data collection may have been "inadvertent" rather than a deliberate privacy breach.
By Renai LeMay | 06 December, 2010 11:02
Five months after "mistakenly" collecting "fragmented" data from home networks via its Street View cars, Google has confirmed that private emails, Web addresses as well as passwords were among the data captured.
By Chloe Herrick | 25 October, 2010 12:12
The Spanish Data Protection Agency is preparing to fine Google over infractions against local data protection laws when it collected Wi-Fi data as part of its Street View service, it said in a statement on Monday.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 20 October, 2010 00:35
South Korean police on Tuesday raided Google offices in an investigation of the company's Street View mapping project, the latest instance of a country scrutinizing the company's collection of Wi-Fi data
By Jeremy Kirk | 10 August, 2010 22:28
Google said on Friday it will resume collection of Street View images in four countries following the removal of Wi-Fi data collection equipment that thrust the company into the spotlight of data protection officials worldwide.
By Jeremy Kirk | 09 July, 2010 20:33
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
This whitepaper will explain how to grow your business by sharing enterprise data and services via application programming interfaces (APIs). • Open APIs, once used only by leading technology companies such as Amazon and Facebook, have become much more prevalent • Open APIs are projected to reach 30,000 by 2016, compared to less than 600 in 2007 • A well thought-out open API strategy can drive innovation and help you compete in today’s business environment.
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour
- In Pictures: 15 Must-Have Android, iOS apps for business travelers
- In Pictures: 15 of the scariest things hacked
- Apple Pay could be a big deal for Android users
- Mitel takes aim at Avaya with ShoreTel bid
- Microsoft goes all-in on hybrid Cloud with Azure-in-a-box
- Apple iOS 8.1 is here: Not your run of the mill Dot One release
- Microsoft (hearts) Linux, for Azure's sake
- IPhones dial in larger Apple profit in fourth quarter
- Telephony vendor Mitel goes public with $540M bid for ShoreTel