Google - News, Features, and Slideshows
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, July 6
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
Google in pictures
Google has picked Austin, Texas, as the second location to test its self-driving vehicles, expanding the trials beyond Mountain View, California.
By Fred O'Connor | 08 July, 2015 03:34
Privacy group wants Google to forget more... Programmer escapes vampire squid... Self-driving cars evade human menace... and more tech news
By IDG News Service staff | 07 July, 2015 22:23
Google's refusal to implement the EU's controversial right to be forgotten rules in the U.S. amounts to an unfair and deceptive business practice, a frequent critic of the search engine giant said.
By Grant Gross | 07 July, 2015 14:03
Android 5.0 Lollipop has been heralded as the operating system's biggest step forward to date. Improved battery life and performance through changes to Android's core runtime and power management systems are among the most anticipated enhancements among users, given their promise of a faster, more efficient experience."
By Anndrew Vacca | 06 March, 2015 06:23
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
By Nick Barber | 22 May, 2013 17:54
When discussing the ongoing revitalization efforts in Detroit, it's hard to miss the name Dan Gilbert. The founder of Quicken Loans, owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and a Detroit native himself, Gilbert's investment firms have funded dozens of tech startups in the city and turned its defunct old buildings into shiny new workspaces that look like Silicon Valley transplants.
By Colin Neagle | 30 June, 2015 00:50
I just found out my company's employees have been finding ways to get around my Web filtering. And that came as a surprise, because I use a best-in-class product that employs a database to categorize and block website URLs, which I thought I could rely on. But as I found out, that product is not perfect.
By By J.F. Rice | 20 June, 2015 05:06
Google is expected to reveal details about Android Pay at its annual I/O conference this week, even as Samsung readies its own separate mobile payment service.
By Matt Hamblen | 28 May, 2015 23:41
With Microsoft saying that Windows 10 "is the last version of Windows", the company may have a naming problem.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 May, 2015 20:56
Whitepapers about Google
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Incorporating path control in your WAN is a critical first step along the way to deploying a full SD-WAN solution. This whitepaper looks at how you can use dynamic tools to shortcut the complex configurations and expenditures of time and resources to ultimately efficiently utilise the hybrid links that may already be deployed in the network.
Remote offices, branch offices and small businesses have dramatically stepped up their adoption of new technology to help them run everything from typical business applications to cutting-edge solutions that differentiate their organizations. But that rapid run-up in new technology deployments has often come with a cost: increased infrastructure complexity that has become harder and more expensive to manage. This whitepaper looks at how to get the best out of complex infrastructure through converged systems.
- Ex Oracle VP takes top Aussie role at Symantec
- Fujitsu unveils Chromebook managed service offering for enterprises
- Defence extends Optus satellite contract until 2020
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Bluedot Innovation aims for the enterprise
- How getting mobile helped John Holland slash IT costs
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- An Aussie company is building the world's smallest SDN switch
- Hardcore Hardware: The Origin PC Millennium can show off its three GeForce GTX 980Ti cards from either side
- In Pictures: Hacking Team's hack curated
- In Pictures: HP Pro Slate 8 features magic pen
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Petition to remove Reddit CEO tops 200K signatures
- Gartner: No help for the PC biz from Windows 10
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas