Google Docs - News, Features, and Slideshows
Google has unveiled plans today to allow Google Docs to store any type of files, and revealed a new tool from Memeo to enable users to access, migrate, and synchronize files between their desktop and Google Docs. These announcements signify a broader strategy by Google to help business customers bridge the gap between the desktop and the cloud.
By Tony Bradley | 13 January, 2010 08:09
I'm looking forward to Microsoft's browser-based edition of Office. While the company isn't leading the trend to cloud-based apps, it's certainly in the middle of the movement. Microsoft's suite will be released next year, but you can save money by accessing online office-style apps right now. In-browser productivity suites are typically free. Plus, I like them for lightweight systems, such as netbooks, where Microsoft's desktop suite feels too bloated for even typing.
By Zack Stern | 15 July, 2009 09:01
The future may be the cloud, but it also may be Microsoft that ushers us into that realm of possibility and imagination. Today, Redmond unveiled as a part of Office 2010 a suite of Microsoft Office Web apps that will compete directly with Google Docs. While Microsoft isn't letting anyone play around with the apps just yet, on paper, Microsoft's Web apps look like they could blow Google's online services out of the water -- beta or no beta.
By Ian Paul | 14 July, 2009 04:11
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
"The F5 firewall came up aces, maxing out network capacity while also offering sophisticated filtering and attack protection capabilities" slide. Read this network World performance test
- Fiberlink wipes one smartphone or tablet every three minutes
- Internet of Things roundtable: Experts discuss what to look for in IoT platforms
- Gray market iPhone 6 prices plunge in China
- GoogleX to circle the Earth with Internet-connected balloons
- Ray Ozzie's Talko app stores calls in cloud, lets you search them
- Without mandatory signups, is Google+ adrift?
- Microsoft streamlines free Office for students deal
- Apple iOS 8 fixes outlined in report
- Dell's PC, tablet innovations draw attention
- Smaller Windows PC makers nip at Apple's heels in customer satisfaction
- We just might put a dent in data breaches
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Apple outsmarts the thieves
- j2 Global acquires Web24 Group for undisclosed sum
- Lyft acquires ride-sharing startup Hitch