Government IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
The White House has been touting open data initiatives for years. But in one of the most controversial areas in politics -- immigration -- crucial data is often unavailable, and what's available often includes mistakes, say a diverse set of critics.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 September, 2014 21:46
SpaceX and Boeing Co. may share duties in a program aimed at launching NASA astronauts from American soil by 2017.
By Sharon Gaudin | 17 September, 2014 05:20
The U.S. Commerce Department plans to hire a chief data officer , whose job will be to make more of the department's data publicly available. Whoever takes the job will be part of an exclusive club.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 25 August, 2014 20:20
Fully 70% of federal agencies experienced downtime of 30 minutes or more in a recent one-month period.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 20 August, 2014 06:59
Ever since President Obama signed the Open Data Executive Order, government agencies have been making their vast data stores available to the public. These once-secret data sets are proving a valuable business resource, too.
By Cindy Waxer | 24 March, 2014 10:37
A report Thursday by the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board calling the NSA's bulk phone records collection program illegal and mostly useless puts the Obama Administration in an awkward spot.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 23 January, 2014 19:45
The NSA is spending some $80 million in basic research on quantum computing, money that may ultimately help commercialize quantum computing for the private sector.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 04 January, 2014 15:27
CGI Federal, the lead contractor at Healthcare.gov, is a veritable black belt in software development, with the highest possible certification from CMMI. So what does the website's flawed rollout say about how useful CMMI is?
By Patrick Thibodeau | 30 December, 2013 11:55
As your organization implements BYOD, it’s important to maintain compliance with data security and privacy regulations. This paper provides some key best practices to avoid problems and stay vigilant. • Poor compliance can result in financial penalties, litigation and damage to your company’s reputation • Make sure you have the IT solutions you need to avoid data leaks, avert data loss and prevent unauthorized access to information • Employ solutions designed to streamline BYOD management and simplify the process of proving compliance
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy
- In Pictures: Windows 10
- In Pictures: 10 creepy mobile apps that make spying easier
- In Pictures: McAfee’s most dangerous cyber celebrities of 2014
- White House sets 20% data center efficiency goal, but finds few takers
- Verizon won't throttle unlimited LTE users after all
- No break-up of NBN Co – yet: Turnbull
- Report: LulzSec leader directed cyberattacks while working for FBI
- Microsoft launches Windows 10 preview program
- Google finding its rhythm with streaming music service
- Intel developer kit focuses on IoT market
- Facebook apologizes to LGBT community, clarifies names policy