Government use of IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed legislation focused on overhauling the Department of Veteran Affairs' troubled health-care system, including an IT review of the VA's process of scheduling patients.
By Grant Gross | 08 August, 2014 05:32
Hewlett-Packard has agreed to pay US$32.5 million to settle allegations that it overbilled the U.S. Postal Service on a IT hardware contract.
By Grant Gross | 02 August, 2014 01:47
Computer problems with the U.S. State Department's system for issuing passports and visas may have affected up to 200,000 people, it emerged Thursday, as the scale of the problem became clear for the first time.
By Martyn Williams | 01 August, 2014 08:23
An agreement in Congress to allocate $17 billion to the Department of Veterans Affairs includes money for a major tech upgrade.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 31 July, 2014 22:21
There's no immediate end in sight to trouble that has hit the U.S. State Department's computer system for processing visa applications and caused problems for thousands of people worldwide.
By Martyn Williams | 31 July, 2014 06:48
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 December, 2012 21:36
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Telstra’s Whispir comms service to get global expansion
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- NBN likely to share HFC with Foxtel
- Vertigan broadband demand forecast leaves NBN Co CEO 'curious'
- Brisbane laundry launches Web-connected washing machines
- AFP apologises for privacy breach
- NBN Co aims to serve 1 million premises by next July
- Section 313: iiNet, industry orgs seek limits on website blocking
- ANZ Banking Group improves incident response with comms tool
- IBM Watson now answers your questions before you ask
- Are Uber's aggressive recruitment tactics legal?
- Fibre, Internet segments drive Vocus Communications revenue
- Senate extends telecommunications interception inquiry
- PC market in 2014 a bit less dire than previously thought
- Cotap, a WhatsApp for the enterprise, links with cloud storage providers