Government use of IT - News, Features, and Slideshows
Healthcare.gov lacks several basic cybersecurity controls -- including strong passwords and consistent security patching -- nearly a year after the troubled launch of the insurance-shopping website, a government auditor said.
By Grant Gross | 19 September, 2014 04:50
European government agencies should adopt open document formats in their dealings with citizens, outgoing European Commissioner for the Digital Agenda Neelie Kroes has urged.
By Loek Essers | 17 September, 2014 21:56
Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called for a "global compact" on surveillance and the use of collected data, saying the U.S. isn't the only country that does it and American technology companies are unfairly targeted for the government's actions.
By Stephen Lawson | 29 August, 2014 09:04
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed legislation focused on overhauling the Department of Veteran Affairs' troubled health-care system, including an IT review of the VA's process of scheduling patients.
By Grant Gross | 08 August, 2014 05:32
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky start. Meanwhile, the post-PC era put aging tech giants under pressure to reinvent themselves. Here in no particular order are IDG News Service's picks for the top 10 tech stories of the year.
By Marc Ferranti | 09 December, 2013 19:51
Sure, plenty of enterprise software projects go just fine and end up giving customers all the things vendors promise: lower operating costs, streamlined operations and happier users.
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 December, 2012 21:36
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements. Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services (Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
- Shut out on iPhone 6 Plus, buyers settle for smaller version
- Screen size matters to Apple fans in line for the iPhone 6
- Half-baked mergers
- Ping Identity picks up $35 million more in venture funding
- Apple's iOS 8 fixes enterprise Wi-Fi authentication hijacking issue
- Watch video of the first iPhone 6...being dropped
- Sony releases SmartEyeglass developer kit
- Qualcomm hopes to attract developers with mobile TV and digital glasses SDKs
- iPhone 6 expected to fetch over $3,000 in China's grey market
- New US Senate bill aims to limit access to emails stored abroad
- Malicious advertisements distributed by DoubleClick, Zedo networks
- Google to turn on encryption by default in next Android version
- ASIC opens up (some) data
- Australian startup snapshot: Bugwolf
- Nvidia pumps more horsepower into flagship graphics chips