Government/Industries - News, Features, and Slideshows
NASA's New Horizons spacecraft crosses Neptune's orbit today and is speeding along a path that will give scientists their first real information about the distant and still mysterious Pluto.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 August, 2014 04:49
After a decade of traveling at about 34 thousand miles an hour through deep space , the European Space Agency's Rosetta spacecraft has become the first craft to rendezvous with a comet.
By Sharon Gaudin | 07 August, 2014 05:49
NASA's Mars rover Curiosity has already achieved its initial mission, proving that the Red Planet could have once sustained life, but one scientist says its greatest accomplishments could be in the year ahead.
By Sharon Gaudin | 06 August, 2014 06:19
As NASA's robotic rover, Curiosity, approaches its second year on Mars, it's also approaching its first good look at its ultimate destination.
By Sharon Gaudin | 05 August, 2014 06:06
Edward Snowden's revelations about the U.S. government's data collection program could cause U.S. providers of cloud-based services to lose 10% to 20% of the foreign market to overseas rivals.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 August, 2013 10:10
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Enterprises require intrusion prevention systems (IPSs) to protect their network against attacks. However, implementing an IPS involves challenges of scale and performance. Leveraging the power of an Application Delivery Controller allows enterprises to efficiently deploy a next-generation IPS infrastructure. •A rising number of malicious attacks has made implementing an intrusion prevention system (IPS) a top priority for enterprises large and small •Ensuring the efficiency of the IPS infrastructure has become more difficult with the increasing ubiquity of encryption •When a next-generation IPS is used, the many benefits of managing IPS from a strategic point of control can be realised
- New FCC rules would crack down on spam texts, unwanted calls
- Box wins DoJ contract in latest federal coup
- Does he stay or go? Parsing Apple's promotion of designer Jony Ive
- AdBlock Plus again declared legal by a German court
- Senate to return early to debate phone dragnet
- EU plans mandatory cross-border rules to fight corporate tax evasion
- Android stutters while iOS shines during Q1
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, May 27
- Computer chips made of wood promise greener electronics
- Inquiry to examine potential of ICT-enabled infrastructure
- US sides with Oracle in Java copyright dispute with Google
- Interpol pushes for more use of biometrics to ID terrorists
- Lenovo introduces new budget laptops
- Ads for MacKeeper refunds will run on Facebook
- Suncorp's 'Ignite' delivers results for bank