Government/Industries - News, Features, and Slideshows
A Florida man was arrested and charged with wire fraud after he allegedly bilked more than three-dozen Apple stores across the country of more than $309,000 worth of products over a several-month stretch.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 July, 2014 20:46
U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions Thursday delivered a scalding and sarcastic attack on the use of highly skilled foreign workers by U.S. corporations that was heavily aimed at Microsoft, a chief supporter of the practice.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 July, 2014 05:10
Many scientists believe we're not alone in the universe, and NASA researchers say discovering if that's true is within their reach.
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 July, 2014 06:17
Edward Snowden's revelations about the U.S. government's data collection program could cause U.S. providers of cloud-based services to lose 10% to 20% of the foreign market to overseas rivals.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 August, 2013 10:10
Software development employment has increased over the past 10 years, but not all IT areas have done as well. The number of jobs for engineers fell over the same period.
By Patrick Thibodeau, Sharon Machlis | 22 July, 2013 10:16
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
A guide for security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
- Android vulnerability allows malware to compromise most devices and apps
- Oracle slashes Larry Ellison's stock options following shareholder discontent
- Apple unveils minor bumps to MacBook Pro laptops
- Cisco ready to ship ACI controller
- RoboBees to Save US Agriculture
- Microsoft faces anti-monopoly probe in China over Windows, Office
- Feds arrest Florida man who allegedly conned Apple out of $309K
- Privacy groups call for action to stop Facebook's off site user tracking plans
- French fight the death of OpenVMS
- Huawei's smartphones shipments rise on international sales
- Rhapsody reaches 2M subscribers, bets on new unRadio service
- Smart locker application wins first place at BattleHack Sydney
- Using Instagram on public Wi-Fi poses risk of an account hijack, researcher says
- Consumer group decries government's anti-piracy plans
- Data retention: Industry reiterates warning on costs