Government/Industries - News, Features, and Slideshows
U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions Thursday delivered a scalding and sarcastic attack on the use of highly skilled foreign workers by U.S. corporations that was heavily aimed at Microsoft, a chief supporter of the practice.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 19 July, 2014 05:10
Many scientists believe we're not alone in the universe, and NASA researchers say discovering if that's true is within their reach.
By Sharon Gaudin | 16 July, 2014 06:17
Forty-five years after Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon, NASA scientists are looking forward to the next giant leap for mankind, and that next leap is likely to be on Mars.
By Sharon Gaudin | 15 July, 2014 05:05
The government's military research agency, DARPA, says it has demonstrated a bullet capable of locking onto a moving target from up to a mile away.
By Lucas Mearian | 12 July, 2014 05:36
Edward Snowden's revelations about the U.S. government's data collection program could cause U.S. providers of cloud-based services to lose 10% to 20% of the foreign market to overseas rivals.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 26 August, 2013 10:10
Software development employment has increased over the past 10 years, but not all IT areas have done as well. The number of jobs for engineers fell over the same period.
By Patrick Thibodeau, Sharon Machlis | 22 July, 2013 10:16
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Communications service providers face an array of complex challenges, from network growth and increasing security threats to technology transitions. In the face of these challenges, CSPs still need to plan for growth. Find out how
- HP invests in Hortonworks' Hadoop
- Apple losing its grip as top tablet company
- Malwarebytes questions poor showing in anti-malware protection-evaluation lab testing
- Thousands of sites compromised through WordPress plug-in vulnerability
- Are IT groups really ready for BYOD security challenges?
- Qualcomm: Interoperability, community keys to wearable technology success
- EU hears Google, Microsoft, Yahoo on 'right to be forgotten'
- Wearables will make first breakthrough in enterprise, panelists say
- Europeans call for a single EU copyright to get more access to online services
- Hackers steal user data from the European Central Bank website, ask for money
- Lenovo shows smart glasses prototype as it seeks hardware partners
- Salesforce.com launches Sales Reach for real-time selling and marketing
- LG notches record smartphone shipments on G3 strength
- EBay faces class action suit over data breach
- Turnbull warns ACCC against undermining Telstra NBN agreement