greenplum - News, Features, and Slideshows
Pivotal Initiative lumps multiple app dev, big data, and cloud efforts under a single umbrella
By Paul Krill | 10 December, 2012 11:09
VMware and EMC have confirmed rumors that have been circulating for weeks that it would spin out its Big Data and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud products into a new division within the company named Pivotal Initiative, which will be led by former VMware chief, Paul Maritz.
By Brandon Butler | 04 December, 2012 16:44
Sybase is hoping its IQ analytic database can make its mark in the burgeoning "Big Data" market with an array of new features, including native integration with the open-source MapReduce and Hadoop programming frameworks for large-scale data processing.
By Chris Kanaracus | 02 November, 2011 00:10
EMC's Greenplum subsidiary today announced a new capability to its Hadoop Data Computing Appliance (DCA) that allows users to mix and match unstructured and structured data analytics platforms.
By Lucas Mearian | 22 September, 2011 01:41
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G
- ATO sets out treatment of Bitcoin
- Fair and Safe Work Qld invites offers for mobile app development
- China paving the way for big Xbox One sales
- 'Reveton' ransomware upgraded with powerful password stealer
- YouTube music might be a win for other Google services
- Many Chrome browser extensions do sneaky things
- CSG posts revenue of $199.2m
- In support of a fibre-to-the-premises NBN
- More than half of Australians play at work: Microsoft
- 5 cool new security research breakthroughs
- Citing super-busy schedule, Ballmer resigns from Microsoft board