The crossbenchers have provided the "true opposition" to the government's proposed data retention regime, Greens Senator Scott Ludlam told a press conference earlier today.
Greens - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Greens proposed several amendments to the data retention bill that they said address privacy and security gaps in the legislation.
The government should delay debate on its proposed mandatory data retention legislation at least until a parliamentary committee has investigated its potential impact on journalism, Greens Senator Scott Ludlam has argued.
Scott Ludlam is the voice of the Australian Greens on ICT issues and has earned a reputation for not holding back when it comes to protecting civil liberties in the digital age.
The Senate has beat back a Pirate Party petition against a proposed data retention law under consideration by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Intelligence and Security.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW