hardware systems - News, Features, and Slideshows
hardware systems in pictures
The Tokyo District Court has begun hearing arguments in a lawsuit brought by a Japanese parts maker against Apple over alleged patent infringements.
By Tim Hornyak | 17 December, 2014 20:24
In an era of slick gadgets, PCs are the dinosaurs, ensnared in wire clutter, sporting tired 2D cameras and stricken with the occasional blue screen of death. Technology coming up in 2015, though, is set to make PCs more interactive, fun and perhaps nosier than you'd like them to be.
By Agam Shah | 17 December, 2014 01:12
Cisco CEO John Chambers said the company's decision to sue data center switch rival Arista Networks now was made after surprising statements Arista made this year.
By Jim Duffy | 12 December, 2014 11:08
It hasn't been lost on the IT vendor community and IT professionals that Cisco is absent from the VMware EVO:RAIL partner program. With all of the powerhouses participating in the program, you'd think that Cisco would jump right into the mix. Considering Cisco's growth in the server market and the fact that it doesn't currently have its own storage play, this opportunity appears to be ideal for Cisco.
By Mark Bowker | 13 December, 2014 07:21
After Microsoft's chief operating officer last week said the company was going to change the Windows business model, analysts tried to figure out exactly what he meant.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 December, 2014 02:27
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
Whitepapers about hardware systems
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- Sony looking for ways to distribute 'The Interview' online
- Sony hack was 'cyber vandalism,' not act of war, says Obama
- US rejects North Korea offer to investigate Sony hack, reaches out to China
- North Korea wants joint probe into Sony hack, warns of consequences if not
- Staples says hack may have compromised 1 million-plus payment cards
- Judge questions evidence on whether NSA spying is too broad
- Twitter parody of North Korea's mouthpiece not afraid to crow over Sony's capitulation
- Three ways enterprise software is changing
- Google may launch Android Auto, making your car a big mobile device
- After FBI blames North Korea for Sony attack, now what?
- T-Mobile to pay $90M for unauthorized charges on customers' bills
- Buckle up IT: The enterprise needs you for cloud adoption
- Companies battle for control of Italy's national fiber network
- Obama promises response on Sony hack, says pulling movie was mistake
- Microsoft hits Windows tech support scammers with lawsuit