hardware systems - News, Features, and Slideshows
hardware systems in pictures
Just five months after Apple took J.D. Power's tablet satisfaction award away from Samsung, it lost it today to up-and-coming Amazon.
By Gregg Keizer | 31 October, 2014 07:11
China's Lenovo finally has the global smartphone presence it has craved, finalizing the purchase of Motorola Mobility from Google for $US2.91 billion.
By Agam Shah | 31 October, 2014 05:14
Dropbox isn't satisfied that its cloud storage and file-sharing service has more than 300 million subscribers, so it's actively seeking partnerships to grow its user base, landing HP and Acer on Tuesday.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 29 October, 2014 04:04
Dell's Alienware 13 laptop attaches to powerful external desktop graphics cards, achieving what many laptop makers have been chasing for years.
By Agam Shah | 28 October, 2014 11:04
The engineering reorganization currently underway at Cisco is intended to streamline product development and delivery to customers, Cisco says.
By Jim Duffy | 18 October, 2014 04:40
There may be big expectations for the wearables market, but the reality is that until someone transforms the category -- Apple's the usual suspect -- it won't break out of a very small constituency.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 August, 2014 06:40
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
Whitepapers about hardware systems
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
BYOD brings flexibility and improved productivity. But it can also add inconsistent user experiences, data security challenges… even legal liabilities. How can you make sure you get all the benefits—and none of the hassles? Read this tip sheet to learn the top considerations before you BYOD.
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances
- Vulnerabilities found in more command-line tools, wget and tnftp get patches