hardware systems - News, Features, and Slideshows
- HP's new Stream tablets, laptops fuel Microsoft-Google OS battle
- New Lenovo Yoga tablets, PCs due out for holiday season
- Lenovo set to complete acquisition of IBM x86 server business
- Cisco pumping $US1 billion more into Intercloud
hardware systems in pictures
Asus' US$2,699 Zenbook NX500, which will ship in November, has an eye-popping price, but packs some interesting features.
By Agam Shah | 01 October, 2014 06:55
Cray has added more horsepower to its latest supercomputer, the XC40, and already has scored some big-time customers.
By Agam Shah | 01 October, 2014 03:47
Hewlett-Packard is fueling Microsoft's battle with Google's Android in low-cost devices with the first Windows-based Stream tablets, starting at US$99.99.
By Agam Shah | 30 September, 2014 08:04
Lenovo plans on releasing new Yoga tablets and hybrids in time for the end-of-year holiday season, with actor and venture capitalist Ashton Kutcher having a hand in the design and development of the products.
By Agam Shah | 30 September, 2014 04:41
There may be big expectations for the wearables market, but the reality is that until someone transforms the category -- Apple's the usual suspect -- it won't break out of a very small constituency.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 August, 2014 06:40
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
By Ken Gagne | 11 July, 2014 20:37
Whitepapers about hardware systems
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
Existing IT operational models and an ageing infrastructure are CIOs back from their full potential. This paper reveals the three IT imperatives for a CIO-led transformation, and details how CIOs are adopting strategies to change IT and assert their organisations as business leaders and innovators.
- Intel pushes factory IoT with $9 million cost savings at plant
- Uber targets business customers
- Brandis denies ‘overreach’ on national security laws
- Will enterprises skip Windows 8 for 10?
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Eftpos goes live with payments infrastructure overhaul
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
- Microsoft outlines Windows 10 security enhancements
- 12 things to know about Windows 10
- With Windows 10, a contrite Microsoft will try to atone for Windows 8 mistakes
- Larry Ellison learns to love "the cloud"
- In Pictures: America’s richest techies
- A year later, Ellison apologizes for standing up his customers