hardware systems - News, Features, and Slideshows
- AMD's new 64-bit ARM board points way to x86 coexistence
- Oracle-based system for US visas still glitchy after software update
- Red Hat aims at standardization with Linux for 64-bit ARM servers
- AMD's Kaveri processors coming to smaller, cheaper desktops
hardware systems in pictures
Hewlett-Packard's SlateBook 14 laptop with the Android OS has started shipping on schedule, but it's priced at US$429, which is $30 more than the company had said it would cost.
By Agam Shah | 02 August, 2014 06:15
Don't program robots -- train them. That's the stated goal of Brain Corporation, whose operating system is designed to allow robots to learn how to dump trash or open doors via hands-on training, not programming.
By Agam Shah | 02 August, 2014 04:20
Server sales could spike with the expiration of extended support for Microsoft's Windows Server 2003 OS in July next year, a Dell executive said.
By Agam Shah | 01 August, 2014 06:36
Samsung depends on Google's Android OS, but needs to find a way to differentiate itself from rivals who also use Android if it's to grow and thrive.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 July, 2014 03:23
AMC's new TV series harks back to the early days of PCs -- but drama, not desktops, takes center stage.
By Ken Gagne | 11 July, 2014 20:37
Plans by smart thermostat maker Nest Labs to share some customer data with corporate parent Google means the search engine giant will be fending off privacy concerns as it expands into home automation.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 27 June, 2014 04:58
Whitepapers about hardware systems
Challenges - Server consolidation stalled due to storage performance limits - IO-intensive Oracle database would not consolidate with other applications - Multiple instances of virtual applications plus the Oracle DB Results - Consolidated 30 servers to 5 - 23% increase in Oracle performance after virtualization - 6.7-to-1 data reduction - Provisioning time reduced by 4x - 2x increase in VMware snapshot release time
The telecommunications industry is one of the most challenged, fast-moving and evolving industries thanks to the worldwide embrace of mobile lifestyles that demand new services, solutions and experiences. In this survey, we investigate where and how new thinking around data, analytics and the actionable customer intelligence can further monetise mobile subscribers. Click to download!
- Obama signs cellphone unlocking bill
- Microsoft sues Samsung, says it stopped paying for patents
- Panasonic to help Tesla build battery 'Gigafactory'
- Judge approves Apple e-books price-fixing settlement
- Retail industry rallies behind open standard for tokenization
- HP's SlateBook 14 Android laptop ships, but with a higher price than expected
- Google offloads mystery barge to marine company
- Train robots hands-on to dump trash with this new OS
- Oregon's move from Oracle-developed site to Healthcare.gov on track, official says
- HP's new lifeline for OpenVMS gets a thanks from users
- Facebook outage hits users
- Android vulnerability still a threat to many devices nearly two years later
- Amazon's four tips to make sure your cloud is secure
- HP agrees to settle allegations it overbilled US Postal Service
- German copyright law is unconstitutional, Yahoo says in complaint