hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
hardware in pictures
We scour the F500 list to home in on the largest tech companies gracing the list.
By John Dix | 29 June, 2015 09:17
These pieces of technology history were almost lost for good until they were rescued from a dumpster, landfill, or recycling center
By Phil Johnson | 19 June, 2015 09:10
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
By Sarah K. White | 15 June, 2015 09:01
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
By Yoni Heisler | 20 May, 2015 09:21
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Learning to use a 3D printer for the first time is not complicated, but learning to do it well comes with a significant learning curve.
By Lucas Mearian | 11 February, 2014 11:33
The number of 3D printer vendors rose from five last year to more than 20 this year, and prices for their machines have come down dramatically.
By Lucas Mearian | 09 January, 2014 12:02
Whitepapers about hardware
Before buying new UPS hardware, today’s data centre operators need to know that the funds they’re investing will result in a quick and significant payback, one that can be improved further if their electrical utility provides energy-efficiency incentive programs for data centres. Find out: How a properly equipped high-efficiency mode UPS pays for itself in as little as two years, the environmental benefits of UPS, plus, the 8 capabilities to look for in high efficiency mode UPS.
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
If you can get the basics right, zero clients will help deliver the cost-effective user mobility and business agility that virtual desktop infrastructure promises. This whitepaper looks at how to master the fundamentals and reap the rewards of zero clients with simple centralised management.
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the 1B-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says
- Five smartphones to look forward to
- Ad fraud Trojan updates Flash Player so that other malware can't get in
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Friday, July 3
- Cisco leaves key to all its Unified CDM systems under doormat
- IT firms' cloud appetite strong as gear sales surge 25 percent
- Samsung faces lawsuit in China over bloatware on phones
- Reddit sections go dark after exit of staffer
- Android ransomware on the rise in Australia
- Microsoft buries hatchet with Kyocera, ending litigation
- Plex hacker demands Bitcoin ransom for return of data
- Hands-on: Windows 10's latest build feels close to finished
- In Pictures: 7 things we hate about Twitter