hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
hardware in pictures
Apple sets the standard -- for both success and failure. Here's a look at 11 major screwups, some of which almost derailed the company
By Galen Gruman | 15 September, 2014 09:55
Microsoft CEO, Satya Nadella, has set new goals, taken some decisive actions, moved ahead with works already in progress and made Wall Street happy.
By Tim Greene | 29 August, 2014 13:07
LG's new video teaser showing off a round-faced smartwatch to debut next week at the IFA show begs a central question: What do users want in a smartwatch?
By Matt Hamblen | 26 August, 2014 04:15
Proof that no matter how much time, effort, and money you put into something, it may sink like a stone and stay at the bottom
By Josh Fruhlinger | 25 August, 2014 08:58
Google Glass has had a ripple effect throughout the enterprise world.
By Colin Neagle | 13 August, 2014 08:22
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Learning to use a 3D printer for the first time is not complicated, but learning to do it well comes with a significant learning curve.
By Lucas Mearian | 11 February, 2014 11:33
The number of 3D printer vendors rose from five last year to more than 20 this year, and prices for their machines have come down dramatically.
By Lucas Mearian | 09 January, 2014 12:02
Whitepapers about hardware
Asking these 20 simple questions about all-flash arrays can impact the success of your data center roll-out
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out. Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Microsoft Releases NEW Office for the Mac (Oct/2014)
- Microsoft teases Office for Mac with Outlook-only release
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- iOS 8 app crash rate falls 25% since release
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40