hardware - News, Features, and Slideshows
hardware in pictures
From using Siri to muting notifications to saving battery life, here are some of the most useful Apple Watch tips and tricks you should learn.
By Yoni Heisler | 20 May, 2015 09:21
In Pictures: Tech's ticking time bombs - The components you might (and might not) expect to wear out
Your computer's next point of failure might be further up the stack than you think
By Josh Fruhlinger | 22 April, 2015 11:36
Technology breakthroughs that many people don't even know exist.
By Yoni Heisler | 12 February, 2015 08:28
Geeks at heart, these 25 Valentine’s Day gifts are for you and yours.
By Ann Bednarz | 11 February, 2015 08:19
With its acquisition of virtual reality gaming company Oculus VR , Facebook may have found a way to lure back younger users to the social network.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 March, 2014 20:15
Learning to use a 3D printer for the first time is not complicated, but learning to do it well comes with a significant learning curve.
By Lucas Mearian | 11 February, 2014 11:33
The number of 3D printer vendors rose from five last year to more than 20 this year, and prices for their machines have come down dramatically.
By Lucas Mearian | 09 January, 2014 12:02
Whitepapers about hardware
Asking these 20 simple questions about all-flash arrays can impact the success of your data center roll-out
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out. Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Multicolor, Steel designs, manufactures and installs, pre-fabricated buildings, and metal roofing and wall systems. The company serves a large number of clients in the private and public sectors and reports annual revenue of more than US$34 million. As Multicolor Steel expanded its operations, the company wanted to guarantee that it could rapidly and fully recover critical business information in the event of a system failure.
- Rio Tinto signs $20m managed services contract with Empired
- Sony keeps optical discs alive with storage startup acquisition
- Legal trouble in wearables business: Jawbone sues Fitbit
- Lenovo shows smartphone that lets users interact with projected content
- Government hopes to pass site-blocking legislation next month
- Apache Cordova fixes flaw that could cause apps to crash
- MacTel unveils leaseback plan for Intellicentre 2 data centre
- Wi-Fi access point scans can betray a person's location
- Biometrics funding to help deliver identity assurance, Dutton says
- ISPs, rights holders continue negotiations over anti-piracy code costs
- Lenovo's new Windows 10 tablet to arrive in August
- Woolworths to resell services on Telstra's network
- After medical marijuana, Sidecar eyes alcohol and pharmaceuticals
- CA gets 'agile' with $US480 million purchase of Rally
- The cost of a data breach has jumped 23 per cent in two years