hfc - News, Features, and Slideshows
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is seeking comment on Telstra’s plans to migrate customers from its HFC and copper networks to the National Broadband Network (NBN).
By Stephanie McDonald | 22 November, 2012 14:46
The Australian Competition Tribunal has rejected Telstra's exemption application to restrict access for Optus in areas where Optus has its Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) cable network, ordering the telco it has an ongoing obligation to provide access to all of its copper network.
By Rodney Gedda | 26 May, 2009 10:13
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- Ray Ozzie's Talko app stores calls in cloud, lets you search them
- Without mandatory signups, is Google+ adrift?
- Microsoft streamlines free Office for students deal
- Apple iOS 8 fixes outlined in report
- Dell's PC, tablet innovations draw attention
- Smaller Windows PC makers nip at Apple's heels in customer satisfaction
- We just might put a dent in data breaches
- EU tells Google to make more concessions or face charges in antitrust dispute
- Apple outsmarts the thieves
- j2 Global acquires Web24 Group for undisclosed sum
- Lyft acquires ride-sharing startup Hitch
- TasWater archives to deal with data deluge
- Telstra plans hook up to Equinix Australian data centres
- In Pictures: The wild world of workplace wearables
- In Pictures: Inside a thriving Shenzhen market for used iPhones