The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has issued a draft decision that will give the go-ahead to a revised deal between NBN Co and Optus relating to the telco's hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) network.
hfc - News, Features, and Slideshows
NBN Co has confirmed it will roll out the DOCSIS 3.1 standard for the Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC) cable broadband networks it is acquiring from Telstra and Optus.
NBN Co will undertake construction trials in NSW and Queensland to test hooking up to the NBN homes that sit within the footprint of Optus's and Telstra's Hybrid Fibre Coaxial networks.
Most National Broadband customers with hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) connections won’t be able to tell the difference from fibre after the network is upgraded to the latest cable broadband tech, according to ARRIS, the company assigned to provide HFC equipment for NBN Co.
The government has rejected claims that Telstra could unfairly benefit from NBN Co construction work on the telco's HFC network.
- Jetstar talks 'How To' on collaboration tools and PwC plan & refine your collaboration journey | Save your seat today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.