hotspot - News, Features, and Slideshows
Using non-secured public Wi-Fi hotspots can leave you vulnerable to identity theft, data theft, snooping, impersonation and malware infection. That's why so many people rely on public virtual private network services, but VPNs are no panacea. Here are five potential gotchas.
By Sohail Ahmad, independent Wi-Fi consultant | 31 October, 2012 14:48
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
By Thomas Wailgum | 19 October, 2010 04:55
There's been an explosion in growth of Wi-Fi hotspots during the last several years. Best-guess estimates range from 33,000 WLAN hotspots worldwide to more than 250,000 at present.
By Thomas Wailgum | 21 August, 2008 11:54
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSearch/SEO/SEM/PPC - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAcquisition Marketing ExceutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
TheInfoPro's unique Market Window uses IT professionals ratings of vendors on 14 separate criteria to calculate scores for Vendor Promise and Vendor Fulfillment, allowing comparison of vendors’ effectiveness at strategy, marketing, delivery and execution. In prior studies, this research appeared in the Vendor Performance report.
- Molecular flash memory could store massive data
- Google, Rockstar reach deal to settle lawsuit over Nortel patents
- NSA chief says cyberattacks on industrial systems are his top concern
- Intel plans 3D NAND flash next year for 'as much storage as you want'
- Telstra deploys 4G to 50 neglected rural sites
- More mobile broadband spectrum possible for emergency services
- Governments act against webcam-snooping websites
- Google: Would you pay to not see ads on favorite websites?
- Facebook's alternative PHP engine attracts Web service providers
- Intel planning thumb-sized PCs for next year
- Microsoft drops Dropbox into Office Mobile for Android
- Cameras, robotic mules could help battle Ebola in West Africa
- Uber, facing public backlash, will rethink privacy
- Rise of Whatsapp could require regulatory reform: ACMA
- As Moore's Law approaches 50, Intel battling to keep up