htc - News, Features, and Slideshows
htc in pictures
HTC on Tuesday unveiled its new 5-in. display One A9 smartphone with an unusual appeal to smartphone purists who want to buy it unlocked and with few alterations to pure Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
By Matt Hamblen | 20 October, 2015 21:39
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
By Michael Kan | 13 August, 2015 23:19
The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
By Matt Hamblen | 12 August, 2015 06:08
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
By Lucian Constantin | 07 August, 2015 03:33
As a long-time Windows Mobile user who finally gave up on it and switched to an Android phone, I've been thrilled with the new operating system. Now, it looks like others who are fed up with WinMo might be able to switch a little more easily.
By David Pierce | 23 February, 2010 08:46
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By Aaron Cockerill, VP of products, Lookout | 14 April, 2015 04:12
HTC announced its One M8 smartphone on Tuesday, boasting its premium styling and asserting that it offers the world's best innovations. Those include a dual rear camera for adding depth to photos and a battery with 40% longer life than last year's HTC One M7.
By Matt Hamblen | 25 March, 2014 19:39
Last week's rollout of the Motorola Moto X was headline-making for several reasons. Beyond the obvious novelty of being the first flagship release from the company since the RAZR HD line last fall, it's also the first since Google completed its acquisition of Motorola Mobility in May.
By Jon Gold | 05 August, 2013 22:04
Physical keyboard addicts now have a smartphone designed for them, but no one else may want to suffer the drawbacks
By Galen Gruman | 12 June, 2013 10:10
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data