Huawei - News, Features, and Slideshows
Huawei in pictures
Southern Cross University has tapped Huawei for a five-year project to upgrade its communications and campus security systems.
By Adam Bender | 10 October, 2014 16:30
Huawei Technologies is hoping to steal market share from Samsung's Galaxy Note family with the Ascend Mate7, which has a metal body, 6-inch full HD screen and a battery that has almost 30 percent more capacity than what the Note 4 offers.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 05 September, 2014 00:45
China is propping up its local chip manufacturing industry with new policies and financial support intended to turn the country into a semiconductor-making powerhouse by 2030.
By Michael Kan | 25 June, 2014 00:59
The U.S. National Security Agency has hacked into Huawei Technologies servers, spied on communications of company executives and collected information to plant so-called backdoors on equipment from the Chinese networking manufacturer, according to reports published over the weekend.
By Marc Ferranti | 23 March, 2014 17:27
The Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense (CSCs) represent an established and solid set of guidelines for the government, financial, education, manufacturing and health care sectors, according to a 2013 SANS survey on the CSCs. SANS had the opportunity to review numerous features of LogRhythm's security information and event management (SIEM) platform with new security intelligence features built in for compliance. In our review, we focused on LogRhythm's ability to ease some of these pain points while meeting 10 of the most valuable CSCs.
- Microsoft continues cross-platform tear, releases Outlook for iOS, Android
- Microsoft kicks off C# 7 language planning
- Alibaba calls Chinese regulatory report unfair, as customer numbers grow
- Office for Android now widely available, with new Outlook apps in tow
- AllSeen IoT group acts to head off patent wars
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, January 29
- Microsoft previews OneDrive for Business for the Mac
- Intel wants to banish cables, connectors with new Broadwell chips
- Apple hits Samsung at home, where it hurts
- US targets mobile operator for deceptive data promises
- Symantec A/NZ boss Brenton Smith quits
- Boosted by iPhone 6 sales, Apple ties with Samsung for top smartphone rank
- Qantas tests virtual reality for in-flight entertainment
- Google backs Singularity Uni to allow students outside US to study for free
- New Chrome extension spots unencrypted tracking