hybrid cloud - News, Features, and Slideshows
SoftLayer will launch its first Australian data centre next month in Melbourne, the cloud provider and its parent IBM have announced.
By Adam Bender | 26 August, 2014 10:44
Woolworths is using converged infrastructure as the foundation of a transition to private cloud, but the the ultimate destination will be a hybrid setup that leverages multiple public clouds, the supermarket chain’s infrastructure chief, Matt Chamley, today told the Sydney leg of EMC Forum 2014.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 August, 2014 14:27
The hybrid Cloud seems to be what everyone wants to get to. End users seem to like the idea of using a public Cloud, like Amazon Web Services for its large scale and low-cost. But they're not willing to put everything up in AWS's cloud, so there are on-premises Clouds for mission-critical and extra secure information.
By Brandon Butler | 09 July, 2014 03:39
Last week was a big one for IaaS cloud provider Joyent - not only did the company pivot to offer a private cloud management software (previously it only offered public cloud services) but it also has cherry-picked a Cisco cloud executive to be the company's new CEO.
By Brandon Butler | 01 July, 2014 00:57
Whitepapers about hybrid cloud
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
A healthcare organization’s small application management staff must ensure high availability and fast delivery of thousands of critical administrative and clinical applications. See what they did to meet those goals.
- Wotif sale to Expedia approved by ACCC
- Trying Windows 10 Tech Preview? Keep these 7 things in mind
- Microsoft blends the old and new with Windows 10
- In Pictures: 12 surprising ways personal technology betrays your privacy
- In Pictures: Windows 10
- In Pictures: 10 creepy mobile apps that make spying easier
- In Pictures: McAfee’s most dangerous cyber celebrities of 2014
- White House sets 20% data center efficiency goal, but finds few takers
- Verizon won't throttle unlimited LTE users after all
- No break-up of NBN Co – yet: Turnbull
- Report: LulzSec leader directed cyberattacks while working for FBI
- Microsoft launches Windows 10 preview program
- Google finding its rhythm with streaming music service
- Intel developer kit focuses on IoT market
- Facebook apologizes to LGBT community, clarifies names policy