iaas - News, Features, and Slideshows
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
Perhaps the biggest selling point for VMware's newly announced hybrid cloud strategy -- and the reason it could be a game changer in the infrastructure as a service (IaaS) market -- is because of the common platform VMware customers will now have between their private Cloud internal systems and this new VMware-operated public Cloud.
By Brandon Butler | 14 March, 2013 20:04
Industry scuttlebutt is that VMware is preparing a public cloud offering that it would run itself, a rumor that VMware officials have refused to comment on -- sort of.
By Brandon Butler | 11 March, 2013 21:14
Can you hold Payment Card Information (PCI) data in a cloud-based service? Yes, but doing so isn't straightforward, so the PCI Security Standards Council has published a guideline that clarifies what approaches compliance-minded businesses can take.
By Ellen Messmer | 07 February, 2013 17:01
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
By Serdar Yegulalp | 10 April, 2013 10:16
As new public cloud plays leap in and the private cloud slowly evolves, we're on the brink of a shift to cloud computing for critical business workloads
By Eric Knorr | 24 December, 2012 11:17
Whitepapers about iaas
This whitepaper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support business demand with dynamic business agility.
A successful mobile deployment using ActiveSync depends on giving users a reliable, stable sync experience. But if any of the many moving parts in the EAS data path fail or degrade, the experience will suffer. Read this whitepaper to learn how to get ahead of EAS challenges by providing reliable mobile service—particularly for BYOD users.
- Microsoft ordered to turn over customer data stored in the cloud
- 3 Australian firms targeted in APT campaign: report
- Telstra reveals private cloud offering
- Local tech sector outpacing US, UK: report
- ACCC mulls new pricing for SMS, voice calls
- Woolworths sees future in hybrid cloud
- Mitro makes password manager open source as team heads to Twitter
- Airport stopover, multi-platform publishing apps Aussie winners in Talent Unleashed Awards
- Microsoft security tool EMET 5.0 puts a leash on plugins
- Authors beware: computers can write fables
- Some are twisting the facts in requests to be forgotten, Google says
- Almost 200,000 people may have been affected by US visa system crash
- One of Google's mysterious barges is on the move
- Who wins if Iliad buys T-Mobile?