iaas - News, Features, and Slideshows
Rackspace is discontinuing its pure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering in favor of a new category of cloud services named "managed cloud" in which the company will support customers building and managing their cloud services.
By Brandon Butler | 06 August, 2014 04:55
Amazon Web Services has a program named Trusted Advisor that provides customers with advice on the best way to use the company's IaaS cloud services. Today, the company made four checks that Trusted Advisor performs free for all users.
By Brandon Butler | 02 August, 2014 02:03
Amazon Web Services continued to push the IaaS market forward today by challenging established cloud players like Box and Dropbox with the company's own document collaboration platform and rolling out new features to its public Cloud focused on supporting mobile applications.
By Brandon Butler | 11 July, 2014 07:20
If you avoid some gotchas and keep a close eye on resource usage, you can have a handy server in the Amazon cloud for free
By Serdar Yegulalp | 10 April, 2013 10:16
As new public cloud plays leap in and the private cloud slowly evolves, we're on the brink of a shift to cloud computing for critical business workloads
By Eric Knorr | 24 December, 2012 11:17
Whitepapers about iaas
This whitepaper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support business demand with dynamic business agility.
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
The 2014 Internet Security Threat Report highlights the developments in cyber-crime in the last year and provides an analysis in global threat activity. Highlights from the report are: • Hackers continuing to attack PCs, as well as mobile devices, security cameras, routers and more • The number of data breaches has risen 62% from 2013, identity breaches up 493% • Ransomware attacks rose 500% and have evolved into more vicious assaults
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Wireless price war's good for consumers, but challenges carriers
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
- The ratings: Most net neutrality groups get poor grades for funding transparency
- Advocacy groups accused of obscuring corporate ties in net neutrality debate
- Secretive funding fuels ongoing net neutrality astroturfing controversy
- OS X Yosemite uptake climbs to 13% in first week
- Researcher works to make 3D-printed metals stronger, customizable
- Court shuts down alleged PC tech support scam
- New material could lead to longer-lasting batteries
- RiteAid blocks Apple Pay, Google Wallet
- Senator wants Whisper to explain how it tracks users, shares their data
- Apple hands 8 execs stock awards worth up to $27M