IBM - News, Features, and Slideshows
- IBM zeroes in on unstructured data with Cleversafe buy
- IBM brings Bluemix behind the firewall for sensitive workloads
IBM in pictures
IBM will acquire object-based storage vendor Cleversafe in a move to bolster its cloud business unit with more flexibility and simplified management options in the hybrid cloud, it announced on Monday.
By Katherine Noyes | 06 October, 2015 00:39
Researchers at IBM say they've made a major breakthrough in carbon nanotube technology that could speed the development of smaller, faster and more powerful chips.
By Martyn Williams | 01 October, 2015 21:00
IBM’s Bluemix development platform is already available in public and hosted private cloud versions. On Thursday, the company announced a third option for customers that need to build apps behind a firewall.
By Katherine Noyes | 01 October, 2015 07:01
Apple CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday that the most successful businesses will be those that use mobile devices the best moving forward.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 29 September, 2015 20:55
Watson's AI services will bring us unparalelled convenience, untold marketing opportunities, and zero privacy
By James Niccolai | 25 September, 2015 01:11
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Orlando Bayter, CEO, Ormuco | 14 August, 2015 03:40
What began as an experiment in consumer electronics in the early 1990s celebrates its 20th anniversary as a staple of enterprise computing this week. Java has become a dominant platform, able to run wherever the Java Virtual Machine is supported, forging ahead despite the rise of rival languages and recent tribulations with security.
By Paul Krill | 19 May, 2015 00:47
Several new Docker tools are out there: Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, and Docker Compose. They come from Docker Inc. itself, which has has the advantage of being designed by the same folks who developed the Docker container.
By David Linthicum | 03 March, 2015 22:07
IBM tries to keep its layoffs out of the public eye as much as possible, although it fails miserably at this. The company took the unusual step of denying that it was on the cusp of a gigantic layoff amid reports of a possible new round of job cuts that may begin this week.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 28 January, 2015 23:24
Whitepapers about IBM
IBM commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realise by deploying IBM MQ (previously named IBM WebSphereMQ). Drawing its findings from in-depths interviews to create a composite organisation, this Forrester whitepaper from IBM outlines the benefits and costs of deploying IBM’s MQ solution across the enterprise.
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
This IDG Connect white paper explores the effect of how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT. <p> The current expansion of the Third Platform presents a wealth of job opportunities for IT professionals with skills and ambition in mobile computing, social networking, the cloud and big data analytics. Based on interviews of 100 IT decision makers working for organizations in Australia, Canada and the US, this IDG Connect white paper from Randstad explores how third platform technologies are affecting workers at all levels of IT.
- Windows 10 device roundup features Lumia smartphones with Display Dock
- No need to panic: European Commission upbeat about Safe Harbor ruling
- When it comes to security, trust but verify
- Researchers steal secret RSA encryption keys in Amazon’s cloud
- Apple's new strategy for fighting off Android, retaining customers
- Atlassian takes JIRA beyond the development world
- Arista adds security to cloud software
- Windows 10 users back away from the Edge
- Doom or delight? Court ruling on Safe Harbor brings uncertainty to privacy dealings
- EU-US Safe Harbor agreement is invalid, court rules
- Panasonic shows world's first Ultra HD Blu-ray player
- Sharp's Robohon is both a cute robot and a smartphone
- 16Lab shrinks wearable computing ring, will sell dev kit soon
- Global civil rights groups coalition wants changes to Facebook's real-name policy
- Why the software world needs a 'no-fly zone' for patents