IDC - News, Features, and Slideshows
IDC in pictures
Research firm, IDC, forecast that Microsoft's Windows 10 would fuel an increase in the Redmond, Wash. company's share of the tablet market.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 March, 2015 07:33
Once considered a lost cause in the tablet market, Microsoft's Windows will take market share from Apple's iOS and Google's Android in the coming years, according to IDC.
By Agam Shah | 13 March, 2015 04:02
The iPad will encounter strong market headwinds this year, but Apple should sell more tablets in 2015 than in 2014, according to IDC.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 February, 2015 09:03
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
China is on a technological roll these days -- one that American companies ignore at their own peril. Contrary to outdated Western perceptions, 680 million Chinese have access to either a laptop or a mobile phone, and some 95% of homes in every city in China are now wired for the Internet, according to figures from the Chinese government.
By Bill Marcus | 05 January, 2015 22:35
A lot of security processes failed during the breach of Target's systems during last year's holiday season, but one surprising revelation was that the retailer actually did receive security alerts about the malware in its system. Yet because the security team was bombarded with alerts -- estimated at hundreds per day -- it couldn't adequately prioritize them.
By Howard Baldwin | 15 December, 2014 22:40
Whitepapers about IDC
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
Read how Perth-based safety footwear manufacturer, Steel Blue, was able to cut costs with shipping and improve efficiency while meeting the growing demand for their products as they expanded their national and export markets and increased their local market share, all thanks to a new ERP system.
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data
- Congress moves quickly on cyberthreat information sharing
- New mobile-malware detection technique uses gestures
- Google Cloud Launcher deploys VM-based apps in a snap
- Apple Watch mini-stores to open in London, Paris, Tokyo luxury retail shops