IDC - News, Features, and Slideshows
IDC in pictures
During the period, vendors together saw their server revenue grow by 6.1 per cent year over year, to $US13.5 billion. Meanwhile, server shipments increased 3.2 per cent from a year ago.
By Michael Kan | 26 August, 2015 06:19
Longer-than-expected tablet lifespans have led to a sluggish market for Apple's iPad, but the company seems poised to pivot by pitching the iconic device as more, not less, like a personal computer, an analyst said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 08 August, 2015 06:23
The headlines, as ever, were alarming an Android vulnerability that could compromise a phone with nothing more than a malicious text message? With no user input? That's enough to curdle the blood of the hardiest admin.
By Jon Gold | 07 August, 2015 08:17
Microsoft customers downloaded 14 million copies of the Windows 10 upgrade on the first day of availability, the company said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 01 August, 2015 04:48
When it comes to videoconferencing, Daniel Post Senning would like to remind you the game is yours to win -- or lose. "Your ability to handle and manage [videoconferencing] tools says something about your professional brand and who you are," says Senning, author of <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNPI7FQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BNPI7FQ&linkCode=as2&tag=emilypostcom-20">Emily Post's Manners in a Digital World, Living Well Online</a> and spokesperson with The Emily Post Institute. And that includes not just your technical savvy, but your social skills as well, Senning says.
By Mary K. Pratt | 03 June, 2015 20:36
During the past week VMware has been making power play moves in the Cloud computing market to position its offering as the premier enterprise hybrid Cloud computing platform. As it does so, however, analysts question how well the grand plan VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger has put together stacks up with heavyweights of the cloud computing market, most specifically Microsoft and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
By Brandon Butler | 04 February, 2015 06:59
China is on a technological roll these days -- one that American companies ignore at their own peril. Contrary to outdated Western perceptions, 680 million Chinese have access to either a laptop or a mobile phone, and some 95% of homes in every city in China are now wired for the Internet, according to figures from the Chinese government.
By Bill Marcus | 05 January, 2015 22:35
Whitepapers about IDC
In this White Paper, IDC offers up some quantifiable benefits that Asian enterprises have observed as a result of deploying backup and recovery solutions. · Many enterprises are finding that the backup and recovery processes and technologies that they have implemented have not kept pace with the demands of the business · IDC identifies how organizations can experience savings and improvements from the deployment of different types of technologies · The benefits fall into three categories: storage environment cost savings; end-user productivity enhancements; and IT staff productivity optimization
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- Android Studio 2.0 beta speeds up app restarts
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists