IDC - News, Features, and Slideshows
IDC in pictures
Global spending on public cloud services reached US$45.7 billion last year and will experience a 23 percent compound annual growth rate through 2018, according to analyst firm IDC.
By Chris Kanaracus | 08 July, 2014 04:53
China continues to hold the top spot in the Top 500 supercomputer list, but the US still dominates, with 90 per cent of the systems on the list made by US vendors.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 02 July, 2014 22:55
An earnings miss by Oracle is usually enough to send tech market forecasters back to their spreadsheets with furrowed brows. But despite the enterprise software giant's weaker-than-expected financials, there was enough good news on the tech sales front this week to keep expectations for IT on the optimistic side.
By Marc Ferranti | 21 June, 2014 02:17
Using the new technologies in its Fire smartphone, Amazon may eventually merge Google's new imaging technology with the Fire's Firefly and Dynamic Perception innovations to empower consumer buying further than before, an IDC analyst predicted.
By Matt Hamblen | 20 June, 2014 05:50
Companies are having to be pickier about which data sets they collect, process and use. It's all about having the right architecture in place.
By Nancy Gohring | 11 June, 2014 21:06
In the last year or so, there has been a noticeable slowdown in innovations in new smartphones -- with both hardware and software. The next direction seems to be making the smartphone the hub for connecting technologies int eh Internet of Things scenario.
By Matt Hamblen | 24 March, 2014 20:22
Microsoft will make a killing when it launches Office apps for Apple's iPad and tablets powered by Android. Or will it?
By Gregg Keizer | 19 February, 2014 21:30
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Eight breaches in 2013 provided a painful reminder that cybercrime remains prevalent. This year’s report once again covers the wide-ranging threat landscape, with data collected and analysed by security experts, while calling out seven areas that deserve special attention.
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Apple "inadvertently admitted" to iOS backdoor: forensics expert
- Juniper jettisons mobile security business
- TOR patch coming
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
- ARM develops second wave of 64-bit processors
- Apple reports a huge profit but sales disappoint
- Microsoft brings two open source tools to Azure
- Google updates the Maps Explore Nearby feature -- for some users
- Oracle builds on BlueKai acquisition with Data Cloud
- Should EMC sell off its 80 per cent stake in VMware?
- Small cell device tech set to connect workplace Wi-Fi with 3G and LTE
- Want an Apple watch? Just 3D print one
- NASA upgrades humanoid robot in space
- What to listen for during Apple's earnings call today