Identity fraud / theft - News, Features, and Slideshows
The hackers behind the Kelihos botnet are trying to capitalize on users' increased awareness about the security of Apple online accounts through a new phishing campaign.
By Lucian Constantin | 09 September, 2014 00:41
Romanian and French authorities have dismantled a cybercriminal network that infected computers at money transfer outlets across Europe and used them to perform illegal transactions.
By Lucian Constantin | 18 July, 2014 23:55
A Russian man suspected of hacking into point-of-sale systems at U.S. retailers has been arrested and faces charges in a U.S. court, the Department Justice said.
By Grant Gross | 08 July, 2014 04:33
YouTube has thousands of videos promoting compromised credit card numbers, with the site sometimes running advertisements for legitimate credit cards or retail outlets alongside the hacker videos, according to a new report from an online safety group.
By Grant Gross | 18 June, 2014 02:45
A Romanian man sentenced just last week in his own country for raiding online accounts linked to prominent politicians and celebrities was indicted Thursday in a U.S. federal court.
By Jeremy Kirk | 13 June, 2014 14:07
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- New US Senate bill aims to limit access to emails stored abroad
- Malicious advertisements distributed by DoubleClick, Zedo networks
- Google to turn on encryption by default in next Android version
- ASIC opens up (some) data
- Australian startup snapshot: Bugwolf
- Nvidia pumps more horsepower into flagship graphics chips
- Apple reports bump in data requests from Australian police
- Victorian government bears brunt of privacy complaints: report
- Telcos, ACCAN support text messages to Triple Zero
- CloudFlare can provide its caching service without your SSL keys
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
- AUSTRAC upgrades data capture systems to track terrorism financing
- Queensland speed cameras to get digital upgrade
- Larry Ellison's best zingers: a look back
- Samsung drops Knox prices and introduces Knox user portal