Identity fraud / theft - News, Features, and Slideshows
Having to remember multiple passwords may soon be a thing of the past.
By Joab Jackson | 10 December, 2014 04:47
Chip-and-PIN payment cards have a strong supporter in the hotbed of payment technologies, with San Francisco's district attorney promoting the new technology as a way to cut down on fraud.
By Zach Miners | 26 November, 2014 11:16
A 28-year-old man was sentenced to more than nine years in prison Wednesday for buying stolen credit and debit card numbers from an underground online marketplace.
By Jeremy Kirk | 13 November, 2014 12:23
The FBI this week said it had nabbed one of the agency's Cyber's Most Wanted outlaws -- John Gordon Baden who is charged with stealing the identities of 40,000 people and then using the information to siphon millions of dollars from brokerage or bank accounts.
By Michael Cooney | 06 November, 2014 08:16
In an effort to make to make Internet and mobile transactions more secure, American Express has launched a new service that aims to replace payment card numbers with unique tokens.
By Lucian Constantin | 04 November, 2014 02:28
This report details the observations and findings from nine in-depth interviews and executive roundtable discussions conducted by IBRS in 2012 regarding BYOD in education <span style="color:#0000ff;">powered by Intel®</span>. • The more significant issue for education was not the device but the delivery of software and services that impact educational activities • There is not one approach that fits all educational institutions – or even a single approach that can be used across a single school • A broad cross-section of peers involved from across the education spectrum were represented at each roundtable, held in seven cities across ANZ region</p>
- Windows 10 Spartan browser will get extensions
- 'Ghost' vulnerability poses high risk to Linux distributions
- Data retention: Two years too long to keep IP addresses, says Vodafone
- Data Privacy Day a reminder to protect your personal information
- Apple posts record sales, says Watch will ship in April
- FCC calls blocking of personal Wi-Fi hotspots "disturbing trend"
- Yahoo to spin off its stake in Alibaba
- Kevlar could keep lithium-ion batteries from catching fire
- Microsoft previews free, updated Power BI business intelligence tool
- Microsoft's stream processing engine boosts Bing, Azure services
- A new kind of DDoS threat: The "Nonsense Name" attack
- Snapchat and Twitter violate each other's personal space
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - The best tips, tricks, and tweaks
- In Pictures: 10 simple-to-use social media monitoring and analytics tools
- Sony Mobile said to be planning 1000 more job cuts