IDS - News, Features, and Slideshows
There's been much discussion in the security industry that preventing malware-based infiltrations into the enterprise is nigh on impossible, and the new security mantra should be "rapid detection is the new prevention." On that, IBM begs to differ.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 May, 2014 04:34
Juniper today announced its Firefly Suite for virtual-machine security, a set of software-based products for VMware and KVM that contain the security and switching capabilities found in Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 21:01
There's a trend underway in the information security field to shift from a prevention mentality--in which organizations try to make the perimeter impenetrable and avoid breaches--to a focus on rapid detection, where they can quickly identify and mitigate threats.
By Bob Violino | 02 January, 2014 11:56
Why are the world's most IT savvy companies unable to keep attackers out of their networks?
By Torsten George, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Products, Agiliance | 26 November, 2013 21:09
Arbor Networks has introduced its first Cloud-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation service to protect enterprises against large-scale attacks intended to swallow up available bandwidth or knock application servers offline.
By Ellen Messmer | 12 November, 2013 06:42
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- How to secure Amazon Web Services like a boss
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield