IDS - News, Features, and Slideshows
There's been much discussion in the security industry that preventing malware-based infiltrations into the enterprise is nigh on impossible, and the new security mantra should be "rapid detection is the new prevention." On that, IBM begs to differ.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 May, 2014 04:34
Juniper today announced its Firefly Suite for virtual-machine security, a set of software-based products for VMware and KVM that contain the security and switching capabilities found in Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 21:01
There's a trend underway in the information security field to shift from a prevention mentality--in which organizations try to make the perimeter impenetrable and avoid breaches--to a focus on rapid detection, where they can quickly identify and mitigate threats.
By Bob Violino | 02 January, 2014 11:56
Why are the world's most IT savvy companies unable to keep attackers out of their networks?
By Torsten George, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Products, Agiliance | 26 November, 2013 21:09
Arbor Networks has introduced its first Cloud-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation service to protect enterprises against large-scale attacks intended to swallow up available bandwidth or knock application servers offline.
By Ellen Messmer | 12 November, 2013 06:42
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
The Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense (CSCs) represent an established and solid set of guidelines for the government, financial, education, manufacturing and health care sectors, according to a 2013 SANS survey on the CSCs. SANS had the opportunity to review numerous features of LogRhythm's security information and event management (SIEM) platform with new security intelligence features built in for compliance. In our review, we focused on LogRhythm's ability to ease some of these pain points while meeting 10 of the most valuable CSCs.
- Amazon Web Services updates console to simplify management
- Uber driver in Boston area faces rape charges
- Sony hit with second employee lawsuit over hack
- Point-of-sale malware creators still in business with Spark, an Alina spinoff
- Microsoft nixes EU browser ballot screen
- U.S.-Cuba breakthrough is no slam dunk for Internet
- Judge: No Steve Jobs for you
- Amazon promises one-hour delivery in Manhattan, more locations on the way
- U.S. on Sony breach: North Korea did it
- LG readies webOS TVs with better performance, 4K content
- Microsoft kills EU browser choice screen
- MYOB's engineers speed innovation with microservices
- ATM skimmers strike in Queensland
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack