IDS - News, Features, and Slideshows
There's been much discussion in the security industry that preventing malware-based infiltrations into the enterprise is nigh on impossible, and the new security mantra should be "rapid detection is the new prevention." On that, IBM begs to differ.
By Ellen Messmer | 06 May, 2014 04:34
Juniper today announced its Firefly Suite for virtual-machine security, a set of software-based products for VMware and KVM that contain the security and switching capabilities found in Juniper's SRX Series Services Gateway, as well as Junos Space Virtual Director.
By Ellen Messmer | 16 January, 2014 21:01
There's a trend underway in the information security field to shift from a prevention mentality--in which organizations try to make the perimeter impenetrable and avoid breaches--to a focus on rapid detection, where they can quickly identify and mitigate threats.
By Bob Violino | 02 January, 2014 11:56
Why are the world's most IT savvy companies unable to keep attackers out of their networks?
By Torsten George, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing and Products, Agiliance | 26 November, 2013 21:09
Arbor Networks has introduced its first Cloud-based distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) mitigation service to protect enterprises against large-scale attacks intended to swallow up available bandwidth or knock application servers offline.
By Ellen Messmer | 12 November, 2013 06:42
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
This whitepaper provides some frequently asked questions and important insights about private clouds, to help organisations discover how private clouds add value while maintaining simplicity, enabling automation and driving self-service.
- Microsoft, Getty copyright dispute heads for mediation
- Government to address startup issues after long wait
- Harper review recommends scrutiny of trade agreement IP clauses
- In Pictures: Meet the 12 wealthiest people in social media
- In Pictures: Eight is enough?
- Optus tunes up 4G network with carrier aggregation
- IEEE standards group wants to bring order to IoT
- InfiniDB going out of business, but its database will live on as open source
- FCC questions how to enforce net neutrality rules
- iPhone 6 review roundup -- the raves come quietly
- Alibaba shares open at a high $92.70
- New organization sets out to make secure communication tools more user-friendly
- Tim Cook launches iPhone 6 sales in Palo Alto
- HP leapfrogs Red Hat to become top contributor to OpenStack
- New iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are easier to repair