iFixit - News, Features, and Slideshows
The construction of the Apple Watch will make in-place upgrades extremely difficult if not impossible, an electronics repair firm said today.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 April, 2015 03:56
HTC had the Android faithful in a frenzy at noon EST on Tuesday after it put the new Nexus 9 tablet on sale for half price just a day after making the latest iPad killer available.
By Bob Brown | 05 November, 2014 06:31
Except for the 14.7-million-pixel display of Apple's new 5K Retina iMac, the machine is virtually the same as last year's model and sports an identical do-it-yourself repair score, according to iFixit.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 October, 2014 00:25
Apple's new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are slightly easier to repair than their forerunners, the iPhone 5C and 5S, iFixit said today after tearing apart the smartphones in Australia, where the devices first went on sale Friday.
By Gregg Keizer | 20 September, 2014 02:33
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
Email archiving is a little bit like driving your reliable car. You expect it to operate smoothly, day after day, and do not necessarily plan for any crisis events such as a sudden engine failure. That is about the same perception many enterprises have about email. They don't worry about backup, about archiving, about eDiscovery, until, as one IT administrator said, something goes wrong. As the CIO whose diverse responsibilities includes budget control, cost avoidance, risk mitigation, data management and supporting the operational excellence of the enterprise as a whole, email archiving may not always be top of mind. Until something goes wrong. Read this whitepaper to learn how next-gen email archive delivers true business value.
- IBM aims new IoT community site at developers
- Symantec: Well-heeled hacking group Black Vine behind Anthem breach
- Trade groups tell Congress to keep its hands off IoT
- Computer fires requiring a 911 call rare
- Microsoft delivers Windows 10 .iso files, free eval of Enterprise edition
- Windows 10 launch draws a small group of Microsoft diehards in Boston
- Americas are just 2 weeks away from running out of IPv4 addresses
- Yahoo unveils app for texting with silent video
- HTC to reveal Vive final design and controller details in October
- Maliciously crafted MKV video files can be used to crash Android phones
- After Windows 8 debacle, OEMs wax rhapsodic over Windows 10
- Alibaba eyes cloud computing expansion with $1 billion investment
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 29
- Russian hackers use Twitter to mask sneaky data theft