Imperva - News, Features, and Slideshows
Security services startup Sentrix mirrors customer Web sites in Amazon Web Services and Azure clouds in order to dynamically expand site resources during distributed denial of service attacks and keep the sites running until attackers exhaust their resources, give up or move on to easier targets.
By Tim Greene | 18 September, 2014 04:52
Skyhigh Networks Wednesday aired an offering that lets companies using the Box file-sharing service first have files checked for compliance by their existing data-loss prevention (DLP) equipment.
By Ellen Messmer | 04 September, 2014 02:04
A code-hosting and project management services provider was forced to shut down operations indefinitely after a hacker broke into its cloud infrastructure and deleted customer data, including most of the company's backups.
By Lucian Constantin | 20 June, 2014 00:33
The willingness to invest in new security start-ups is continuing at such a breakneck pace that start-ups still in stealth mode are getting snapped up by more established players before they even publicly introduce their security products and services.
By Ellen Messmer | 18 March, 2014 18:17
Hackers found security weaknesses that allowed them to overdraw accounts with Flexcoin and Poloniex, two websites that facilitate bitcoin transactions, and exploited them to steal bitcoins from the two services. The attacks put Flexcoin out of business and cost Poloniex's users 12.3 percent of their bitcoins.
By Lucian Constantin | 05 March, 2014 18:09
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Read how ETEL Limited, a pioneering design and manufacture business in New Zealand, managed to perfect their expansion into new markets by utilising an ERP system to support growth and provide “one source for truth” accessible to the entire organisation.
- Companies are falling behind on securing their SAP environments
- Attackers exploit vulnerabilities in two WordPress plugins
- $250m for IT upgrades at ABS
- Instagram engineer delves into emoji madness
- Intel increases its hiring among women, minorities
- iiNet board opts for certainty with TPG
- AMD's Zen chips to square off against Intel's Skylake next year
- Where will Microsoft find 1 billion devices for Windows 10?
- Google says mobile now dominates search
- Text-to-911: Only 5% of emergency dispatch centers support it
- With IoT projects come financial benefits, but also security risks
- AMD slims PC chip lineup, hopes to return to profitability by year end
- The first self-driving 18-wheeler hits the highways
- Civil liberties groups oppose bill ending NSA's bulk phone records program
- Microsoft prepares Windows Server 2016 for the container age