industry verticals - News, Features, and Slideshows
The trustee overseeing the carcass of Mt. Gox, once the world's largest trading platform for Bitcoin, told investors Wednesday that the company could be revived.
By Tim Hornyak | 23 July, 2014 21:49
Companies trading in Bitcoin and other virtual currencies would be required to hold enough of the currencies to cover their debts to customers and would have to verify the identities of account holders as a protection against money laundering, under new regulations proposed by the New York State Department of Financial Services [DFS].
By Grant Gross | 18 July, 2014 03:47
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
By Stephen Lawson | 09 July, 2014 11:52
Uber has agreed to put a cap on its tactic of raising prices during emergencies and natural disasters.
By Martyn Williams | 09 July, 2014 05:25
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
From the social network in business to the 'success' of the Chromebook to the launch of iTV, the pundits got it wrong, wrong, wrong
By Bill Snyder | 24 December, 2013 13:53
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller are slim.
By Stephen Lawson | 12 December, 2013 18:34
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Some SAP users remain unhappy with pricier Enterprise Support
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- Report: CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
- HP gives OpenVMS new life
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US
- CISOs still struggle for respect from peers
- PHP gets a formal specification, at last
- University researchers develop glasses-free display
- Qi wireless charging spec gets more flexibility with distance extension
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- 25G driving Ethernet switch market to $25B
- Great privacy essay: Fourth Amendment Doctrine in the Era of Total Surveillance
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas