industry verticals - News, Features, and Slideshows
A computer glitch that disrupted airline traffic in some parts of the U.S. over the weekend was possibly the result of a software upgrade, the Federal Aviation Administration said Sunday.
By John Ribeiro | 17 August, 2015 13:42
Infor made a $675 million bid to bolster its cloud and supply-chain management capabilities Tuesday with the announcement that it will acquire global order-management platform provider GT Nexus.
By Katherine Noyes | 12 August, 2015 03:40
As part of its plan to set up to 12 manufacturing facilities in India by 2020, contract manufacturer Foxconn Technology Group is investing US$5 billion in a factory and other facilities in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
By John Ribeiro and Michael Kan | 10 August, 2015 13:51
Computer science and engineering students at Drexel University will have a new opportunity to use their skills for good with the launch of a technology program for promoting world peace.
By Grant Gross | 08 August, 2015 02:08
Tesla has issued a security update to its Model S car after security researchers discovered six flaws that allowed them to control its entertainment software and hijack the vehicle.
By Fred O'Connor | 07 August, 2015 06:01
Banks have been sending millions of Americans credit and debit cards equipped with computer chips to improve the security of in-store purchases.
By Matt Hamblen | 13 August, 2015 00:24
You may recall how the last tech bubble 15 years ago resulted in staggering market losses, numerous failed start-ups and increasing IT unemployment. Less noticed was the bubble's eerie correlation to undergraduate enrollments in computer science.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 27 July, 2015 20:10
Federal regulators are weighing reforms to widespread workplace wellness programs that could affect how personal data from consumer-grade fitness bands and smartwatches is kept confidential.
By Matt Hamblen | 20 June, 2015 02:25
The Apple Watch supports Apple Pay, but it's unlikely that the smartwatch, coming April 24, will significantly boost the number of mobile payments made by U.S. customers.
By Matt Hamblen | 02 April, 2015 22:06
If you think the latest enterprise and consumer network and computer technologies rolling into your data center and being snuck into your offices by end users are advanced, wait until you see what's cooking in the labs at universities and tech companies. Much of well-funded research is aimed at security, simplifying use of current technology and figuring out how to more easily plow through mounds of big data. Here's at peek at 10 projects.
By Bob Brown | 22 January, 2015 01:00
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Twitter gets an assist in taking on trolls and bullies
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- Android Studio 2.0 beta speeds up app restarts
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Cisco boosts, broadens Catalyst switches
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees