industry verticals - News, Features, and Slideshows
Companies trading in Bitcoin and other virtual currencies would be required to hold enough of the currencies to cover their debts to customers and would have to verify the identities of account holders as a protection against money laundering, under new regulations proposed by the New York State Department of Financial Services [DFS].
By Grant Gross | 18 July, 2014 03:47
The most successful wearable devices will be ones that can work without a phone, and AT&T will have at least one of them by the end of this year, the man who manages the carrier's partnerships said.
By Stephen Lawson | 09 July, 2014 11:52
Uber has agreed to put a cap on its tactic of raising prices during emergencies and natural disasters.
By Martyn Williams | 09 July, 2014 05:25
The Social Security numbers of roughly 18,000 California physicians and health-care providers were inadvertently made public after a slip-up at health insurance provider Blue Shield of California, the organization said Monday.
By Martyn Williams | 08 July, 2014 08:16
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
From the social network in business to the 'success' of the Chromebook to the launch of iTV, the pundits got it wrong, wrong, wrong
By Bill Snyder | 24 December, 2013 13:53
In-flight cellular in the U.S. may be closer to reality than some consumers realize, with foreign airlines poised to extend services they already offer elsewhere. But evidence from overseas suggests the odds of being trapped next to a chronic caller are slim.
By Stephen Lawson | 12 December, 2013 18:34
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organization. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Smart companies use DevOps to speed the rollout and quality of new apps and services to market. Read this report to see the findings from a survey of 1300 global IT leaders, including the real benefits a good DevOps strategy can bring to your business.
- Dating app Wyldfire tries to avoid creeps by letting women take the lead
- Tor Project working to fix weakness that can unmask users
- Cybercrime wave whacks European banks
- Hands on with Xiaomi's Mi 4, a high-end handset, with an iPhone look
- Teradata acquires assets of Hadapt, Revelytix for big data
- Verizon revenue rises steadily, driven by wireless service growth
- Members of UK Parliament call for judicial review of data retention law
- Big Switch aims to control the cloud with SDN product
- Nvidia's Shield gaming tablet to highlight 192-core K1 chip
- OS X Yosemite public beta nears release
- ARM's chip licensing revenue and profit keep on rising
- China's Xiaomi to sell $13 smart wristband, trumpets global ambitions
- Virtru launches business email encryption service for Google Apps
- 'Nadella Effect' makes Ballmer $2.8B richer
- We must end cyber warfare: RSA's Arthur Coviello