industry verticals - News, Features, and Slideshows
MasterCard is testing a contactless payment card with a built-in fingerprint reader that can authorize high-value payments without requiring the user to enter a PIN.
By Loek Essers | 18 October, 2014 00:05
Swiping credit cards or using payment systems like Apple Pay at stores could become much safer thanks to a new Intel system, which could also make it easier for retailers to secure data after transactions are completed.
By Agam Shah | 16 October, 2014 01:57
If your doctor has told you to keep close tabs on your blood pressure, NEC is developing a new wearable cuff with a gentle touch.
By Tim Hornyak | 15 October, 2014 17:01
Though it seems as if we're sourrounded by innovative products, services and technologies, there's a growing counter argument that we're living in a dismal era. Science is hated. Real technological progress has stalled. And what we call innovation today really isn't very innovative.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 09 October, 2014 04:46
Managing the wireless environment at the average college or university can be a difficult task at the best of times, and when students and staff start using personal hotspots the sort that provide wireless data access from the same -- it's not the best of times.
By Jon Gold | 08 October, 2014 03:16
If Amazon announces a smartphone on Wednesday, as is widely expected, it will face an avalanche of skeptics.
By Matt Hamblen | 17 June, 2014 06:03
That someone had to take the fall for the massive breach at Target is neither surprising nor unexpected. The only question is whether more heads will roll in the aftermath of one the biggest data compromises in retail history.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 05 March, 2014 21:27
The recent data breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have once again shown that compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is no guarantee against an intrusion.
By Jaikumar Vijayan | 24 January, 2014 21:29
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
A DDoS attack can be a stressful engagement where parts of the network will be unresponsive and equipment may be failing all around. That is not the time to be planning a defense—preparing your network applications during “peacetime” will go a long way to helping you mitigate the attack in the future.
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Nadella's 2014 comp package tops $84M
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Virtual reality gains a small foothold in the enterprise
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization