infrastructure management - News, Features, and Slideshows
What man breaks, man can fix ... at least, that's what we like to think. Consider, for example, bees. Bees of all species are dying off in the US and Europe and over the last few years we've seen the commercial beekeeping industry decimated by a syndrome called colony collapse disorder (CCD).
By Mark Gibbs | 29 July, 2014 22:33
This column is available in a weekly newsletter called IT Best Practices. Click here to subscribe.
By Linda Musthaler | 19 July, 2014 00:56
The White House plan to cut carbon dioxide pollution by 30% seeks to meet its goals, in part, through efficiency improvements. This could put further pressure on data centers to improve efficiency, many of which are powering servers that are doing very little work or none at all.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 03 June, 2014 21:20
Rich Narasaki is global manager, digital marketing in the GE corporate global brand marketing group and, as such, works with and supports the digital strategy efforts of the company's eight primary business divisions. While not a member of the IT team, Narasaki works with IT and marketing constantly, so Network World Editor in Chief John Dix tracked him down to get his perspective on how digital strategy plays out in such a huge operation.
By John Dix | 22 May, 2014 02:26
Software development teams and operations/system administrators have historically pushed each other in opposing yet complementary directions. While development teams focus on delivering new features to end users, operations personnel generally focus on software deployment, minimizing liabilities and risks, and optimizing performance and reliability. The natural friction between the two groups can create a productive balance, but oftentimes it causes obstacles, resentment and a loss of revenue.
By Sumit Mehrotra, Director of Products at Skytap | 14 May, 2014 05:23
As someone who spent billions with HP over 20 years while in IT leadership roles at Boeing and Verizon Wireless, John Hinshaw knew the big hardware, software and services company from the outside as well as anyone. In the year-and-a-half since becoming executive vice-president of technology and operations at HP, he's been putting that knowledge to use on the inside.
By Bob Brown | 23 April, 2013 15:06
Whitepapers about infrastructure management
IT infrastructure is the backbone of today's modern business. It enables rapid expansion into new, fast-growing markets. It is at the core of new customer services offerings such as mobile commerce. It is the key to successfully exploiting an explosion in data and data analytics within business processes.
BIG-IQ Security makes it easy to manage the entire firewall policy life cycle. Read about the key benefits and download the policy auditing and security compliance report today
Technology has become the heart and soul of every business, but IT workload and system complexity become more challenging. This whitepaper details the future of IT, the major challenges facing CIOs, and the three ways to transform IT so CIOs can lead the way.
- In Pictures: The wild world of workplace wearables
- In Pictures: Inside a thriving Shenzhen market for used iPhones
- In Pictures: NASA’s human space flight return
- VDSL2 standards for NBN to clean up interference
- TPG revenue soars, ISP releases FTTB plan details
- Crashing Apple's iOS 8 party
- Shanghai authorities ban government officials' use of iPhone
- Lenovo to cough up $100 refunds, $250 vouchers to settle IdeaPad suit
- Pertino adds management, tracking apps to its service
- Early iPhone 6 usage 8x higher than iPhone 6 Plus
- Ex-Cisco employee pleads guilty to second-degree murder in ‘Google Maps case'
- Ericsson acquires majority stake in Apcera for cloud policy compliance
- After harrowing 10-month trek, NASA's Maven orbits Mars
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft heads to space station
- Brocade unveils OpenDaylight SDN controller