infrastructure management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Outsourcing should be a strategic partnership, not a simple hand-off of duties to a third-party. Getting that right requires smart preparation.
By By Serhiy Haziyev and Halyna Semenova | 05 June, 2015 10:47
Reports surfaced last week that Cisco may be close to buying hyperconvergence start-up Nutanix.
By Jim Duffy | 19 May, 2015 23:08
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Bjorn Aannestad | 12 March, 2015 02:01
What man breaks, man can fix ... at least, that's what we like to think. Consider, for example, bees. Bees of all species are dying off in the US and Europe and over the last few years we've seen the commercial beekeeping industry decimated by a syndrome called colony collapse disorder (CCD).
By Mark Gibbs | 29 July, 2014 22:33
To some, the job of a higher-education CIO might seem downright cushy. After all, unlike their corporate counterparts, these IT leaders don't have to answer to shareholders, cater to business-line leaders or survive acrimonious mergers.
By Cindy Waxer | 17 August, 2015 20:34
<em>This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.</em>
By By John Gentry, vice president of marketing and alliances, Virtual Instruments | 14 August, 2015 02:04
As someone who spent billions with HP over 20 years while in IT leadership roles at Boeing and Verizon Wireless, John Hinshaw knew the big hardware, software and services company from the outside as well as anyone. In the year-and-a-half since becoming executive vice-president of technology and operations at HP, he's been putting that knowledge to use on the inside.
By Bob Brown | 23 April, 2013 15:06
Whitepapers about infrastructure management
The more your company depends on your network, the greater the need for effective network monitoring and management. An inefficient approach to enterprise network management may result in several challenges such as rising costs, increased risk of downtime, decreased user satisfaction which can adversely impact your business. Learn how IBM can help you to reduce costs with a more flexible, affordable network infrastructure management service.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- VMware’s new management tools are hybrid, hybrid, hybrid
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Navy tests first ‘reversible’ clean energy fuel cell storage system
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- It's official: Older versions of IE are now at risk
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Project Kratos: AWS Lambda functionality, without Amazon lock-in
- Microsoft expands Windows 10 release notes, but experts want more, much more
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- What's next for IBM’s enterprise social business
- Schneier: terrorists will switch to more secure alternatives to avoid encryption backdoors
- Indegy finds out when industrial controls go bad (think Stuxnet)