infrastructure management - News, Features, and Slideshows
Outsourcing should be a strategic partnership, not a simple hand-off of duties to a third-party. Getting that right requires smart preparation.
By By Serhiy Haziyev and Halyna Semenova | 05 June, 2015 10:47
Reports surfaced last week that Cisco may be close to buying hyperconvergence start-up Nutanix.
By Jim Duffy | 19 May, 2015 23:08
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
By Bjorn Aannestad | 12 March, 2015 02:01
What man breaks, man can fix ... at least, that's what we like to think. Consider, for example, bees. Bees of all species are dying off in the US and Europe and over the last few years we've seen the commercial beekeeping industry decimated by a syndrome called colony collapse disorder (CCD).
By Mark Gibbs | 29 July, 2014 22:33
As someone who spent billions with HP over 20 years while in IT leadership roles at Boeing and Verizon Wireless, John Hinshaw knew the big hardware, software and services company from the outside as well as anyone. In the year-and-a-half since becoming executive vice-president of technology and operations at HP, he's been putting that knowledge to use on the inside.
By Bob Brown | 23 April, 2013 15:06
Whitepapers about infrastructure management
IT infrastructure is the backbone of today's modern business. It enables rapid expansion into new, fast-growing markets. It is at the core of new customer services offerings such as mobile commerce. It is the key to successfully exploiting an explosion in data and data analytics within business processes.
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
Before buying new UPS hardware, today’s data centre operators need to know that the funds they’re investing will result in a quick and significant payback, one that can be improved further if their electrical utility provides energy-efficiency incentive programs for data centres. Find out: How a properly equipped high-efficiency mode UPS pays for itself in as little as two years, the environmental benefits of UPS, plus, the 8 capabilities to look for in high efficiency mode UPS.
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
- Microsoft offers researchers $500K to work on HoloLens
- Microsoft is just days away from wrapping up Windows 10
- iPhone 7 rumor rollup: Apple's just going to have all the money, production revs up
- Cisco invests in virtual networker
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, July 6
- Leak of ZeusVM malware building tool might cause botnet surge
- Giant mecha robots from Japan, US will meet in epic battle
- Startup Catalyst extends deadline for applications
- Italian surveillance software maker, Hacking Team, allegedly breached
- Bitcoin glitch expected to abate as software upgrades continue
- Digital Pacific acquires Crucial
- Uber throws in the towel in battle with French taxi drivers
- As Windows 7 breaks the one billion-device mark, Microsoft's challenge will be to force it back to zero
- Android phone vendors should improve update policies, consumer organization says